Repeat meals

Options
Who's like me and eats basically the same meals over and over? What are your staples?

Mine are:
Breakfast-
Oatmeal
Banana
2 Eggs

Lunch/Dinner-
Chicken breast (vary seasoning each week)
Broccoli
Sweet potato or brown rice

Snack-
Plain Greek yogurt
Strawberries
Banana
Honey

Feel free to check out my diary.

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yep. that's why I eat out multiple meals on the weekends...that's where I get my variety. During the week, breakfast rotates between english muffin sandwiches, pancakes/waffles, egg whites scramble, all with egg whites, bacon, an apple, tea. As it gets colder, it will be hot cereal with almond milk, nuts and fruit, egg whites and bacon, apple, tea. Lunch is almost always hot sandwich or turkey chili, cottage cheese, fruit. Dinner during the week is almost always mixed greens, sweet potato, protein. Snacks are also on rotation. And I dont have a lot of time during the week so need my meals simple.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Me too. Roast a chicken and eat that for dinner through week with broccoli and potatos, lunch is mushrooms, tomatoes and feta with tuna or eggs haha and breakfast is always a banana and kale smoothie, failing that it is weetabix and banana. Mainly because lately I've been visiting people and moving around a lot at weekends and eating there so I don't get bored :) plus makes life easy
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of dinners on rotation, but lunches are cooked on Sunday and stay the same all week. Breakfasts change out every few months but I've been hooked on wholemeal english muffins with cream cheese and smoked salmon for a while now and I'm not sick of it yet. I've never had a problem getting bored with the same thing, I think it comes from my poor student days where it was financially sensible to buy something in bulk and stick with it!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I basically eat the same thing most days, particularly at lunch and breakfast. Some egg thing for breakfast, some salad for lunch, a quest bar for snack, and dinner is usually whatever meat/veg/grain I have on hand, yogurt or protein shake if I have extra calories and need to meet my protein minimum still.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast, lunch and snacks most days. Dinner is different everyday, unless were having leftovers.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch are always similar from one day to the next. Breakfasts are either pre-cooked (crustless quiche) or i just adjust the weights of the many variations of egg scrambles I make.
    Lunch is pre-cooked and frozen and I use the recipe builder.
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have the same breakfast nearly every single day, and the same rotation of 4-5 things for lunch. Dinners vary due to a meal service I subscribe to- but only the three dinners a week they send me, haha. The other 4 nights are a rotation of the same 4-5 things. I have my grocery store routine down pat. I will say I do really enjoy trying the new recipes that I get each week with the meal service, but only because I have to put zero thought/planning into it. Searching for recipes and having to shop for all the ingredients would fully ruin it for me.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I eat homemade chili with turkey and tons of veggies for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and one of 3 basic dinners (salmon burger, hamburger or turkey taco). I vary my snacks, yogurt and fruit or popcorn or the occasional yummy junk food. I don't eat gluten so eat corn tortillas as my "bread". I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't vary their diet a bunch.
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Coffee, coffee, coffee and more coffee hahaha.

Breakfast: toasts, egg whites, cereal, oatmeal, bananas...
    Lunch: chicken breast, some ground beef, rice, potatoes, carrots, soup...
    Dinner: tuna with onions and tomatoes, chicken or beef, soup, cereal...
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast all week, I make egg muffins every week but I add different ingredients each time. Monday to Wednesday I usually have Sunday night's leftovers for lunch. Then I usually make something for dinner to last Monday to Thursday. Thursday lunch we always go out at work and then Friday and the weekend I usually just eat leftovers/random things from the freezer.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    almost every day I have a blueberry blast protein shake [frozen blueberries chia seeds unsweet almond milk coconut oil vanilla protein powder], usually after a work out. love it!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Same breakfast for 6 out of 7 days (porridge oats, blueberries and milk, plus a small glass of orange juice). The other day I'll have either greek yogurt/fruit/granola or poached/scrambled eggs on toast. Lunch is a little variable because, at least a couple of days a week, I eat leftovers from dinner the night before. Otherwise it's a plain salad with little cubes of cheese, rye crispbreads with hummus/tapanade/pate and veggies or a baked potato with tuna/cheese.

Dinner is the one thing I make sure I'm eating different things every night. I love to cook, so I have a pretty large repertoire of dishes. I meal-plan each weekend, shop for the ingredients, and make sure I'm fitting in things like enough oily fish and veggies. Tonight is miso marinated salmon with a pak choi stir fry!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh yeah, I eat mostly the same things too! for brekkie its always eggs (poached/boiled/scrambled), for lunch its usually a sandwich, different filling, my dinners are the only thing that change every day, some nights its spicy food, other times its soups/casseroles, or salads...or basically whatever I fancy cooking.
    My snacks vary a bit, from fruit to crisps to chocolate - whatever I fancy most :smiley:
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OH yeah -- breakfast = low carb pita bread with two TBSP of peanut butter, and coffee; lunch = "Kale Caesar" salad with double turkey at Fresh & Co here in NYC. I switch it up at dinner, but breakfast and lunch are almost always the same. I keep waiting to get tired of these menus, but 22 months in and 80 lbs down and it hasn't happened yet!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i go through cycles

ill be really into a couple meals for a while then it might change a bit but yea I eat the same thing a lot

• JaycobBell
    JaycobBell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Meal 1 weetabix 4
    Meal 2 225grams turkey 100mg brown pasta
    Meal3 protein bar
    Meal4 same as meal2
    Meal 5 same as 1

Very bland and boring prob rubbish lol
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I thought it was just me. I hate to cook/prepare food and hate to think about what to eat and then add the task of figuring out calories to meet your goal, all of this makes food planning extremely tedious. So I keep the same diet all week so that I don't have to spend time thinking about it.

Breakfast: always oatmeal + fruit (i dont have an appetite in the morning so i am not really craving anything anyway)
    Lunch: salad with chicken
    Dinner: chicken breast, avocado, and either rice, potatoes, or buckwheat
    Snacks: fruits, luna bar, or I make 100 calorie packs of nuts, dried fruits

Sometimes ill do shrimp or eggs for dinner

As someone else said I think the key is eating out once in a while to give your tastebuds some happiness and then you can go back to your routine.
  • katecampisi
    katecampisi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things every day. Just easier. Dont have to think about it. Cook and pack tupperwear in bulk. I get my variety on weekends.