Nursing Student wanting Support

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Keia! I'm 22 and a senior in Nursing School, I graduate in December. I'm looking to lose some of the weight I've gained over the past few years from stress being in the Nursing Program. I'm looking to lose around 75 pounds.

I'd love to find some lovely people to talk to and encourage each other to keep at it. I've tried this several times and well, it just seems to work better with people. :D Anyways, add me if you'd like.

Replies

• clairew931
    clairew931 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I joined the site to help support and motivate others :smiley:
  • may5646
    may5646 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm also graduating nursing school next year (June 2016). Since starting nursing school my weight has been up and down with the stress that comes along with nursing school. I've tried MFP a couple of times, but I've never stuck with it. I'm working toward losing 40lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the nursing school weight. I gained 50+lbs and since working the last 5yrs gained probably another 20lbs. I can tell you 12hour shifts are rough with extra weight. My goal is to lose 135lbs. Good luck on your weight loss and completing nursing school. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I graduated nursing school in April. I have about 50-70 pounds to lose after already losing 18. Seeing myself in video form wearing my scrubs during a mock emergency was my kick in the butt to start losing the weight.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Im an LPN. I am taking classes for RN pre reqs (cLasses start backp this month). I was working in a SNF and ended up working all 3 shifts and gained a little and messed up my normal eating routine.
    I have about 40 to lose.
  • MandiRaeG
    MandiRaeG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also graduate next year as a MA, but I ultimately want to be a RN. I also need support losing weight. please add for support
  • snowb500
    snowb500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • bsfrancis09
    bsfrancis09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was 172 when i start nursing school and 222 when i finished!. Best advice is to not eat while studying! That makes u gain a lot!
  • clarelara24
    clarelara24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing student too in the UK :-) the biggest difficulty I have is fitting in exercise as I'm often exhausted after a week of placement/working as a healthcare assistant/going to uni and so some weeks I manage plenty of exercise but others I'm just too tired or due to long days at placement/work just don't have enough hours in the day to exercise! Good luck with your weight-loss everyone!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm an AIN currently studying to be an EEN. Eventually I'll be an RN.
    My life consists of Mon, Tues, Wed. I drive 90 minutes to school. Friday, Saturday, Sunday I do either 6-2 or 2-10 at work.
    I go to the gym every second day and i run on my dreadmill on the other days.
    I have three kids, a husband that works away and i try and get extra study done in my copious amounts of spare time (lmfao)
  • AliciaToniak
    AliciaToniak Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am an LPN and surprisingly I am opposite...I lost a lot of weight due to the stress of nursing school and then I met my husband whisk I was on practicum and after graduating I slowly gained my "comfort weight". I know backwards hey!! I guess I don't eat when I am busy and stressed but eat when I am happy..I am currently trying to lose 80 lbs. I have nursed for over 8 years now and live my job. It's an excellent career
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Ohhh the dreaded nursing school weight. Ugh, not fun.

I gained about 70lbs during nursing school and a year following. I finished in December 2011. In 2013 I finally decided to take back control and get healthier. You know you have a problem when you get short of breath just by sitting on the couch...I lost 48lbs in 2013 to early 2014. Then life got crazy and I made some dumb choices, so gained most of it back. It's time to focus on me again...I have 50+lbs I want to get rid of.

Good luck to you! :)
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't quite have the schedule of a nursing student but I will be studying also and got 25lbs to lose, add me :)
  • tr1sshaaa
    tr1sshaaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just graduated from nursing school in April. I gained weight (40 lbs). It seemed like I had no time for fitness or eating healthy so I know exactly how you feel. I did find a way to make it work during my last semester, despite having completed 400 hrs of clinical. If you guys need tips or just words of encouragement feel free to add me :)