im new here!

Options
i want to loose 5 pounds in a month, is it possible?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That all depends.. How much are you over goal? Conventional wisdom is .5 pounds per week per 25 pounds over you are. You can go more, but the challenge becomes maintaining the caloric deficit to sustain the rate while still getting needed nutrition.

Instead of a "lose x by y" goal, set something more concrete. "Log all food every meal, and maintain a caloric deficit of x calories per day to lose y pounds every week". It really is a much healthier and sustainable goal than "lose x pounds by y date" or something like that.
  • pamelalabs
    pamelalabs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yeah your right! discipline is the key
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It depends on a number of factors - firstly, what is your starting to weight? Generally the heavier you are, the 'faster' the weight comes off. In my first week, I lost a whopping 6lbs (which I later discovered was water weight but I'd worked hard for that!). My mum lost 10lbs in her first week. We were both overweight however.

If you're already a healthy weight, I'd aim for 0.5lbs a week :)
  • pamelalabs
    Options
    im 155 now.. i wanna go down to 150.. oh wow in jst 1 week? u've lost 6 pounds? i wish i coild do that
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    You can lose 5lbs in a month.
    But be sure to do it correctly and safely.
  • jsnyder320
    jsnyder320 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile pic you are a healthy weight so that last 5-10 lbs is going to be hard to lose. If you haven't worked out or started watching/logging what you eat you might lose 2-5lbs quick, but as Pink said above it'll be water weight. To truly have a fat loss you must maintain a calorie deficit and exercise a bit and over time it will come off.
  • sparklyunibunny
    Options
    It's completely possible (I know you already read this from other users) I lost three pounds in one day before!
  • pamelalabs
    Options
    oh my god ahaha its already hard for me to loose 3 pounds in 3 weeks
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    pamelalabs wrote: »
    oh my god ahaha its already hard for me to loose 3 pounds in 3 weeks

If you track your food, eat a healthy deficit and exercise regularly, you'll have no problem :)