Self realization

Options
I have been on my new journey for going on for one month now. I have lost 15 pounds which I am pleased about.

Today, getting ready for work, I took a good look at myself in my mirror as I was leaving, and thought "you are doing it girl". I actually am starting to like what I see! I have a LONG way to go, but if I am feeling this good at 15 pounds, I cant wait to see how I feel at 50 down!

For such a long time, as I am sure I share with many others, I really "hated" the way I looked but felt there was nothing I could do about it. Then one day I realized that I was the ONLY one that could anything about it.

I am going to a clinic that works with the whole big picture. Nutrition, counseling, exercise and the medical component. I go weekly and have gone from a monitored 1,000 calorie plan to 1,100 calories after the 2nd week. It is basically a High protein, low carb plan. I was very nervous to start, my beloved bread, rice, cereal. How could I live without them? Well, was I surprised to realize how much healthier I feel! No bloating, headaches and even my arthritis is feeling better.

I am not pro or con any particular plan. We all need to pick what works for us. Something the nutritionist explained to me on my first visit with her rang true for ME. Our bodies were devised for the hunting and gathering lifestyle. (I know..some are rolling your eyes-I did at first too!) What I can say, is this. My body feels so much less burdened, if that makes sense without all the processed foods I had been living on.

Sorry this was so long, but I needed to share/say it!
Sherryl

Replies

• julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Glad you found what works for you!
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work. You got this!!! :)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I did the clinic thing for about 6 months about 7 years ago.. It really gave me a lot of insight! It contributed to my success but wasn't the cause of it.. Many trials and errors and eventually this app pushed it forward.. You are very lucky to have this app and the clinic!!!
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    I did the clinic thing for about 6 months about 7 years ago.. It really gave me a lot of insight! It contributed to my success but wasn't the cause of it.. Many trials and errors and eventually this app pushed it forward.. You are very lucky to have this app and the clinic!!!

Yes I sure am! As my insurance is paying (finally they get it that we need the help) I will keep going until I get a good start! I go tomorrow for weigh in, and I have a lot of questions!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I understand it completely. For me, that moment hit me after losing 10 lbs. That realization that YOU actually did it is the best thing in the world. You are doing so well, and I wish you the best on this lifelong journey. <3 ^_^
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work.
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. So glad you're finding the strength && loving yourself. I am still looking for mine, but I know it is there! :)@Chabela53
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!