Banana...r they good for you?

Options
My boss told me today that Banana's slow your metabolism down....anyone know if this fact or fiction?

Replies

• sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't know but either way they are really good for you! I don't think they help with weight loss but one a day won't hurt you! I was told they are good snack food, like some foods you should always eat with other foods like carbs and proteins need to be together but bananas are a good one to just have by itself!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    As far as I know that is fiction. They have a bunch of carbs/sugar in them which would be more apt to boost your metabolism with a nice sugar spike.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you ate about 50 of them!

I gotta have my bananas!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Banana's are an excellent source of potassium. They're also a natural appetite suppressor. No idea where the claim that they slow metabolism down comes from. I've never heard that. I eat them regularly.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    just eat them!!They are great for you.:wink:
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lots of Potassium.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    They are rich in vitamins and minerals, and they will not slow down or accelerate your metabolism. Enjoy them.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i usually eat one every day around this time. they're a staple.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As far as I know that is fiction. They have a bunch of carbs/sugar in them which would be more apt to boost your metabolism with a nice sugar spike.

The sugar in fruit doesn't actually spike your blood sugar! :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Ask your boss what he'd been smoking...:smokin: . Ok, wait, don't. I don't want to be responsible for getting someone fired.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Ask your boss what he'd been smoking...:smokin: . Ok, wait, don't. I don't want to be responsible for getting someone fired.

Lol.

Not surprised. It seems a lot of people are afraid of fruit.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    fiction..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options

Lol.

Well, fruit is scary. .. You've seen that movie, "Attack of The Killer Tomatos" right? eek.gif

Lol.

Well, fruit is scary. .. You've seen that movie, "Attack of The Killer Tomatos" right?
    eek.gif

I always have to remind myself that tomatoes are NOT a vegetable! :tongue: