pcos bound - Losing weight for a purpose.

Options
:) Hi Everyone! I am Ashlie and I am a newly wed. I have been diagnosed with pcos since I was 11 years old. I was told to excercise more growing up. I lost weight during high school and I was the fittest I've ever been. I was put on fertility medicine along with birth control at the same time at 17 years old. I was pretty healthy up until 2009. Then I spiraled out of control 2014 broke my leg and was unable to excercise for 5 months. I gained a lot of weight at that time. I am now pushing the highest I have ever been because I am only 4'10'' maxing at 213lbs. I want to get back to healthy to have a baby and my journey is going to be a rollercoaster. I hope that the women who are struggling with the same thing know that they aren't alone. Don't give up ;) pcos awareness!

Replies

• jsmit17
    jsmit17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlie! I was just diagnosed with PCOS earlier last month. I was also told that I have a progressing glucose intolerance and a slow thyroid. I lost a ton of weight freshman year of college and have hit my heaviest over the last year or two! It is going to be a rollercoaster for me as well, but I am trying to stay positive and take it all in stride! Feel free to add me!
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was just re-diagnosed with PCOS last month (long story on that one, haha). Trying for a year to have a baby with no luck other than 2 miscarriages, so I'm trying to concentrate a little more on me at the moment. Weight loss really can be such a struggle with PCOS! Add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • TheRealMichelle0111
    Options
    I'm new here too, and also have PCOS. I can say that I overcame it three times with diet and exercise. It is possible.