Lost my exercise motivation...

2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    How badly of you want to lose the last 8 pounds? That's your motivation! B)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How badly of you want to lose the last 8 pounds? That's your motivation! B)

And there it is. We all get the bodies we want. You want to lose? Eat less exercise more. Don't want to put the work in? You won't get the body you'd have if you did. Want to lose those pounds/kgs?
    Do what you know you need to do. Cher once said; "If it came out of a bottle, we'd all have great bodies." Your motovation is you. If it was easy we wouldn't have these conversations.

To quote Nike; "Just do it."

• Jimmy_Jack
    Jimmy_Jack Posts: 12 Member
    My advice. Go above 1200cal for a few days. Eat 2000 for three days. Bump up the metabolism, get some energy back into the body and then hit it hard. I dont know your exact situation...but 1200 cal every day and the gym can make for a long haul. Give your body a break, eat fatty foods(healthy fats) and get the hormones up to speed. It may sound silly...but I dounbt youve done that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    ajc1309 wrote: »
    Thanks people.
    I did it, got on the bike for 60 minutes.

*cheers*
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Happened to me, too. I was a treadmill addict all spring and summer but then I went on vacation. When we got back, it was, like, BAM, summer was over, school started, my job picked up pace at an insane rate (work from home) and I was lucky to get in a couple of leisure miles on my treadmill a day or two a week. Finally, today I have a break and I found myself sitting on the couch wanting to go back to bed when the kids left for school.

Instead, I forced myself up the stairs and into my workout clothes and I just finished my fourth mile of the day. I still don't feel into it but I feel better.
  • looneymom
    looneymom Posts: 39 Member
    I usually change up my exercises so I dont get bored with them. I have a wii board and play different games instead of the boring exercise.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    msf74 wrote: »
    Any advice on getting my motivation back?

Yes.

Stop yakking and just go out and do it.

Once you get back into the habit of it you will be fine.

pretty much

and 1200 is pretty low. I started out at that number and was hungry and mean. LOL i found i could eat more and still lose at the same rate. add in exercise and you get even more.
  • ErinV1974
    ErinV1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks people.
    I did it, got on the bike for 60 minutes.

Nice work!!