Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

pcos bound - Losing weight for a purpose.

:) Hi Everyone! I am Ashlie and I am a newly wed. I have been diagnosed with pcos since I was 11 years old. I was told to excercise more growing up. I lost weight during high school and I was the fittest I've ever been. I was put on fertility medicine along with birth control at the same time at 17 years old. I was pretty healthy up until 2009. Then I spiraled out of control 2014 broke my leg and was unable to excercise for 5 months. I gained a lot of weight at that time. I am now pushing the highest I have ever been because I am only 4'10'' maxing at 213lbs. I want to get back to healthy to have a baby and my journey is going to be a rollercoaster. I hope that the women who are struggling with the same thing know that they aren't alone. Don't give up ;) pcos awareness!

Replies

• jsmit17
    jsmit17 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi Ashlie! I was just diagnosed with PCOS earlier last month. I was also told that I have a progressing glucose intolerance and a slow thyroid. I lost a ton of weight freshman year of college and have hit my heaviest over the last year or two! It is going to be a rollercoaster for me as well, but I am trying to stay positive and take it all in stride! Feel free to add me!
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    I was just re-diagnosed with PCOS last month (long story on that one, haha). Trying for a year to have a baby with no luck other than 2 miscarriages, so I'm trying to concentrate a little more on me at the moment. Weight loss really can be such a struggle with PCOS! Add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • I'm new here too, and also have PCOS. I can say that I overcame it three times with diet and exercise. It is possible.