Weight staying the same?

Options
I have been weighing myself every day just to see how my weight flunctuates through the days and every since sunday I have been the exact same weight all the way down to the decimal! my sodium intake is pretty high most days (which I know is bad) but I expect for that to make me have water weight and make the scale go up, but I also drink a lot of water. Either way my weight would usually either go up or down but it never stalled at the exact number for four days. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any reasoning?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Yes...it's only been what 3-4 days?

Patience.

Long term (ie - over the course of several WEEKS) changes in weight is what's important. Not day-to-day or even week-to-week fluctuations.
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Yes...it's only been what 3-4 days?

Patience.

Long term (ie - over the course of several WEEKS) changes in weight is what's important. Not day-to-day or even week-to-week fluctuations.

I know I know lol. But I just think its super weird that its the EXACT same and not flunctuating...I'm not upset it didn't go down I'm just wondering why it aint moving like my body cut off or something lol
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Maybe check your scale to make sure batteries aren't low? I almost always have some small fluctuation, like .1-.5 or so in either direction, so I get why you think it's weird!
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    _cdaley wrote: »
    Maybe check your scale to make sure batteries aren't low? I almost always have some small fluctuation, like .1-.5 or so in either direction, so I get why you think it's weird!

Yes it has me so confused lol! I will check the batteries but I thought if they were low it usually says "Lo" on the screen. Maybe this is a early sign
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about 4 days. I've lost and gained the same 10lbs over the past year. I'm in that stage where you lose like 30lbs and then are comfortably fat. I need to lose 40 lbs to be a healthy bmi still, but I'm just not that motivated. I'm motivated like 5 days out of 7. 4 days is nothing.
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about 4 days. I've lost and gained the same 10lbs over the past year. I'm in that stage where you lose like 30lbs and then are comfortably fat. I need to lose 40 lbs to be a healthy bmi still, but I'm just not that motivated. I'm motivated like 5 days out of 7. 4 days is nothing.

My concern is that the scale isn't moving at all! it's not going up or down....that's not normal b/c it's no way it can stay the same for four days as much water I drink...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Water has little to do with weight loss other than keeping you hydrated and food moving through your system.
  • simply_bubbz
    edited September 2015
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Water has little to do with weight loss other than keeping you hydrated and food moving through your system.

But we all know it affects the scale. that's what I'm trying to say
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Water in your system is way different then fat on your body.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing at the same time each time you get on the scale? my weight varies from day to day by as much as 2 pounds. I wouldn't sweat it.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Patience! and have you thought about TOM? Mine just passed, and got a pleasant scale result this morning!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...my weight frequently stays the same for several days.

My scale will only change when I have lost at least .2+ of a pound. What helps to reset it is I weigh myself holding a 5lb weight...then weigh myself. Often the scale will then pick up a .2lb loss.

• shaylee1001
    shaylee1001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine has been the same, every morning is the exact same and I've been eating healthy and exercising. Every Friday morning it will go down a couple ounces, but it's definitely frustrating!
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself on my cheap bathroom scale daily, which will mostly be the same. It only shows if there's more than like a .1 or .2 difference. However, my Aria scale is a lot more accurate and I use it once a week to log my progress. My bathroom scale I basically just use to check normal fluctuations.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    OP...my weight frequently stays the same for several days.

My scale will only change when I have lost at least .2+ of a pound. What helps to reset it is I weigh myself holding a 5lb weight...then weigh myself. Often the scale will then pick up a .2lb loss.
    This. My scale is the same but the variance has to be even higher for mine to change. I think scale manufacturers have done this because people will step on several times in a row to "check" their weight and they want to seem like their scale is "accurate".

I always weigh myself before and after a run to see how much water I need to drink to make up what I lost in sweat (it's hot and dry here so that's often 2 pounds/32 ounces after a 4-6 mile run). I have gotten into the habit of weighing myself the first time before the run. After the run, I turn on the scale and put just one foot on the scale so that it registers 15-20 pounds. Then I turn on the scale again and weigh myself again.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do some of you have that kind of ultramodern scale that doesn't show any change until it's a whole pound or so? It's supposed to reduce anxiety, but it's not really working, as far as I can tell :s
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My weight is always exactly the same for several days. I never thought to be worried about it
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher using a good quality scale. The most I have ever weighed EXACTLY the same is 4 days in a row. It has happened twice in 2 1/2 years.

I would consider changing the batteries and/or re-calibrating the scale.
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    257_Lag wrote: »
    I am a daily weigher using a good quality scale. The most I have ever weighed EXACTLY the same is 4 days in a row. It has happened twice in 2 1/2 years.

I would consider changing the batteries and/or re-calibrating the scale.

This is what another user said and I believe this is the issue. I weighed myself the same time every morning. When I weigh like this I always seem at least a little flunctuation no matter if its little as 0.3 or .2 lbs. My scale usually detects every ounce down to the decimal. I've had the scale for 3 years and never had to change the battery so now that you mentioned it, it's probably what it is. I'm participating in a dietbet so I have to make sure everything is right or I could lose some money!