Emotional eating

Options
so today I just felt so low and upset I've done nothing but eat. For weeks I've done so well, staying within calorie targets and loads of exercise. I went to the gym last night and woke up feel achy and tired. My boyfriend works away and I thought he was due home early this morning, I baked his favourite cupcakes etc. I then realised I got the date wrong and it's tomorrow morning and whilst I know it's not a big deal I was just disappointed and got really down and fed up. I've laid on the sofa all day and eaten: and now I feel even worse like I've undone all my hard work

Replies

• blong74
    blong74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Some days are like that. I have those days when it just doesn't seem like I can eat enough and others when I just don't feel hungry. One day won't undo all of your work. Keep your head up. Tomorrow is a new day. :-)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
    I hear ya.
    Just keep moving forward. It'll balance during the week.
    Hang in there!
  • Bex_hostie
    Bex_hostie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know you're correct in what you're saying... Just because you fall off the step doesn't mean you should throw yourself down them all. I just felt in a downward spiral today. I've got a really hard week infront of me at work, and it'll be tough to eat well and within my limits. Today was a day off, so my one day I could really control it and I ruined it. Oh well. Not the end of the world. Going on holiday next week and I wanted to be good for leading up to that... X
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You will have emotional days and "I want to eat EVERYTHING" days - what you need to learn is ways to cope with your emotions that don't involve food. Easier said than done, I know. But try logging on to MFP forums if you are feeling down - there are a lot of people willing to keep you on track and distract you from the cravings. Wishing you the best of luck, you can totally do this. :)