Gastric Sleeve Group

Options
Hi there. I have recently had gastric sleeve surgery and am looking for a support group of people who have also had the surgery recently.

Replies

• E2mommy
    E2mommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sleeve was done Aug 18th. I need support too!
  • jennieb69
    jennieb69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennie and my surgery was Aug 10th. Doing well so far, just looking for others going through the same thing.
  • kerlich57
    kerlich57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there my name is Kevin and I had the gastric sleeve on June 2 and so far doing great. I gone from 345 before surgery to.just the other day went under 260. I know the food can be challenging do awhile but if you stick to under 600 call per day til you reach goal you can do it. I hit a plateau (even on 600 call per day) and that's when I decided I needed to kick start my weight loss with exercise. I have been going to the gym for about 2 weeks and not only did it help move the weight loss but it also is helping me not lose muscle mass but also help to tone muscle. I'll still need the tummy tuck but trying to minimize the need for added surgeries.
  • wlsdawn
    wlsdawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am just starting my journey. Already have been to the required Seminar and have my first visit with the Surgeon this Thursday!!
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There is great support for all WLS at www.bariatricpal.com and www.obesityhelp.com. I track all of my food here on myfitness pal....but go to these sites for support. They are so many people who are going through the same thing and it is full of information
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    kerlich57 wrote: »
    Hi there my name is Kevin and I had the gastric sleeve on June 2 and so far doing great. I gone from 345 before surgery to.just the other day went under 260. I know the food can be challenging do awhile but if you stick to under 600 call per day til you reach goal you can do it. I hit a plateau (even on 600 call per day) and that's when I decided I needed to kick start my weight loss with exercise. I have been going to the gym for about 2 weeks and not only did it help move the weight loss but it also is helping me not lose muscle mass but also help to tone muscle. I'll still need the tummy tuck but trying to minimize the need for added surgeries.
    Sometimes if you increase your protein and water intake it will help your stall. Lots of time you have to increase your calorie intake because your body has gone into starvation mode. Stalls are common and you will have lots of them along the way.

• DebbieRoberts4
    DebbieRoberts4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wlsdawn wrote: »
    Hi all, I am just starting my journey. Already have been to the required Seminar and have my first visit with the Surgeon this Thursday!!

Me to....going to my first support group meeting thursday......we'll see.....tough so far. .. I have to lose 50 lbs before surgery. ....my 6 mths of dr visits (as per insurance) will be up in dec. I'm afraid I won't be ready.... trying hard...but raising 5 kids..working..an trying to eat right is soooooo hard.
  • steelresolve
    steelresolve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I had my surgery on 18 September and I'm looking for friends who are on a similar weight loss journey as me.

:)
  • 526MelissaG
    526MelissaG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Melissa, I am 34 and should be receiving my date this Thursday for my sleeve