Fat Guy in a Little Coat

Options
Just getting started on a diet for the first time. Basically, I've been fortunate to stay moderately slim since college, but I'm recently starting to see the late-30s droop in the belly region. Not to mention, a buddy of mine had a heart attack at age 43 leaving his wife and kids behind. I don't want to be that guy and I'm tired of feeling like I have no energy and knowing that I'm out of shape. Good luck to those of you out there trying to do the same!

Replies

• thintowin
    Options
    Just getting started on a diet for the first time. Basically, I've been fortunate to stay moderately slim since college, but I'm recently starting to see the late-30s droop in the belly region. Not to mention, a buddy of mine had a heart attack at age 43 leaving his wife and kids behind. I don't want to be that guy and I'm tired of feeling like I have no energy and knowing that I'm out of shape. Good luck to those of you out there trying to do the same!
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    I'm with you on that one. the past ten years did it to me. Love my boys to much to see them not have a great and awesome grandpa for thier children in the years to come. Seeing how my father struggles to get around because of his weight and heart problems over the years has got my motivated to change things. good luck on your decision to change
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    To you as well. That title made me laugh. I:heart: the movie Tommy Boy! Anyway good luck!
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend. But what a reminder not to take things -like our health, for one -for granted. Thanks for the reminder that we only have one go round in this life and we need to make the most of it. This site is a great place to start. Your kids and family will thank you...and so will mine.

Good luck on you journey.

Heather
  • zmonster
    zmonster Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome, no better time like the present! Staying healthy for our children and grandchildren are not only a great motivator for us but a great example to them, as well. :wink:
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad you're here. It's a good place to be!

P.S. Fantastic name. Laughed out loud.
  • StartingNew
    Options
    I loved the Chris Farley quote:laugh: