How do you feel when you exercise?

Options
For me, I feel dread, then I'm talking to myself because big girl wants to quit because it's to hard, and skinny girl wants out. Then it's like magic happens. I start to feel accomplished half way through and push myself because I'm already half way there. My tight muscles start to feel better, the pain ebbs away... Then it starts to burn! I start getting shakey, and really dig deep, and push my way to the end! Then I feel like I can accomplish anything, and I'm so happy! A few min later I wonder why I don't just do it again, I could totally do it again lol. Tomorrow I will, with its new challenges. :) So I'd like to know how others feel when they work out. Do you love it, hate it, does it always burn?

Replies

• Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Depends on the exercise I'm doing as I find running a little boring so I feel tired and mentally dulled after a run. Weights on the other hand (especially kettlebells) make me tingle all over, especially when the burn kicks in and I end up feeling euphoric and dare I say frisky! :o
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't have any feelings. I just work out
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Walking relaxes me. I love feeling the warm sun on my face and body, seeing my university at different times of the year (it's beautiful when the leaves start changing in the fall and when the cherry blossoms start emerging in the spring), and hearing the faint chime of the school's songs from the bell tower ontop of one of the buildings at the start of every hour. After two laps around the green (two miles), I am refreshed and ready to take on my next class.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I love and hate it. i hate it: i'm sweaty and stinky and it's very early in the morning. it hurts.
    i love that I can do it and work thru it all. I started running like 14 weeks ago and i just ran 6.8 miles this morning. in an hour. I love succeeding at something i didn't think i could
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Sweaty. Sticky. Wet. I get 'er done and run for the shower!
  • SunshineBdoll
    SunshineBdoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lol endorphins are awesome!
    moyer566 I also find joy in completing my impossible!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    my favorite part is the end...I am proud and DONE.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Strong. Focused. Driven. Determined.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    Exhilarated. So *alive*. (At least with the activities I enjoy so much I consider them more as fun than as "exercise": Rowing (on water), spinning, biking. For the things I do out of duty - walking, swimming - then disciplined, sometimes strong, sometimes bored. Still figuring out where weights fit in, used to be in the "fun" category but I'm just getting back into it after extended time off. Currrently duty, but hoping for fun, again.)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I just recently started running. It's amazing. I'm out of shape and haven't exercised for years. I'm doing a C25K. I keep getting better and better. On the days off, I cannot wait to run again. After my runs, I feel like I could conquer the world. Wish I started this years ago.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options

Yeah, I feel this too. I feel proud, exhausted, calm, relaxed, confident, powerful, pumped and a sense that I'm doing the right thing in a world that can sometimes be confusing.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

This absolutely! I love to lift. Having a plan and carrying out while the outside world melts away. By the time I'm done, I'm hot, sweaty, energetic, elated, and wishing my husband was coming through the door. ;)
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. "

I like the endorphins.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I love to train.
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I go through some of the same phases. I wouldn't call it dread at first, but there is an element of hesitation or procrastination where I overthink it. Am I going to have enough time to work out, stop sweating, shower, etc, etc. Then when I'm going there's that mentality at the start that it's easy and "this isn't so bad", then as it goes on when I try to push myself there's the grit and burn and I try to challenge myself to keep going and push further.

When it's all over there's a feeling of exhilaration and completion and I always try to focus on that (maybe not quite as good as Arnold describes above lol, but.. still good). I ask myself, "Why did I put this off?" It feels great and it's always like the opposite of how I felt when I started. I've had some bad days turn good just from putting on some good music, "zenning out" and having a good workout.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I don't have any feelings. I just work out

thank you
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I get the cold shivers once my heart rate goes above 150. Really really love that. My other favorite is when you are sweating so hard that the drops are hanging from your eyelashes.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Also, On the drive home I sometimes go through in my head how I could have pushed myself harder or made slight improvements. I would question the circumstances leading up to a good or a bad workout. I used to really beat myself up over this, but now I'm just happy to be doing something I enjoy and still improving.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It completely depends on the day. Some days, 30 seconds into a run I know it's going to suck. I stick it out for as long as I can because I know the next run will be better. Some days, a few miles in and I start questioning why I think this is a good idea. I must be nuts! Some days it feels nearly effortless. Every day that I run I am glad I did it.