Apple Cider Vinegar

rhodenizer
rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I was just wondering if anyone has used Apple Cider Vinegar 600. Evidently it is great for detoxifying and weight loss. Do you need to buy this or could you just drink acv in water ?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I think there was a post before and they said you could use regular acv. Go for it. I would only use a tbls or 2 in a glass of water though.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Mix it with organic honey. You should be able to find the right amounts somewhere online.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    I found this on gardener.com, hope it helps!

I have the book, "Folk Medicine" by Dr. D.C. Jarvis.
    He is from Barre, Vermont. The book that I have is old. So, he could be dead now. He talks about using 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey to a glass of water (sipping on this drink throughout the meal), for many ailments. Anybody interested in the apple cider diet should read the book. He tells how couples who have never had children, were able to have them. Also, he talks about food poisoning and the apple cider was good to take in a glass of water before going out to eat, to avoid problems. He talks about pregnant mothers taking the apple cider solution and having more alert, smarter babies. He also says some people cannot tolerate the vinegar and tells you what to substitute. This is a must book to read!!
  • juliej65
    juliej65 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello

You can use any type of apple cider vinegar but the best one with optimum health properties are the ones with the "mother" still present... This is what apple cider used to taste like years ago..(yum)

This is aged and fermented well with all of the nutritional properties intact... The lesser, cheaper brands are massed produced and are missing some of the properties that make apple cider vinegar medicinal.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    I was just wondering if anyone has used Apple Cider Vinegar 600. Evidently it is great for detoxifying and weight loss. Do you need to buy this or could you just drink acv in water ?

I occasionally add a capful of Braggs ACV (it has the mother in it) to 16oz of water. I kinda like the taste and it helps with digestion.
  • rhodenizer
    I have been trying to find out what the MOtHER properties are, can you explain. I have been taking ACL tablet now for a week or so and I don't know if they are the reason but I have dropped 3 pounds and I am feeling great. So will keep taking them. they aren't doing any harm.
  • rhodenizer
    I has been four weeks since I started taking AC and I have not idea if it is AC that has helped with my recent weight loss but I have taken off 8 pounds, a regular loss daily of small amounts. I did up some of my walking by from 3.0 to 3.5 but only for 15 minutes, I have changed up the menu by doing two days of one thing and two of another. Whatever it is I am very happy and 2.8 away from my goal weight.
  • rhodenizer
    I was taking this faithfully since the first of June, then last week I stopped and my water retention shot up resulting in almost 2 pounds. I started taking them again this morning and back down by 1.5 pounds. So I am thinking they really work for me. I am retaining far more water than I thought as I do not feel heavy.
This discussion has been closed.