slimming the calves?

Options
Hi All,

Quick question:

Is it possible to slim down the calves?

If so, what type of exercise is best? or which exercises?

I have quite big calves for my leg length/thighs, so I was just wondering if it was a possibility. They are currently 17in but i would love to get them to a 13/14inch IF possible.

Any ideas anyone?

Thankies!

Katie
xxx

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamiefire7
    jamiefire7 Posts: 50
    Options
    bump... I have huge calves too :) I can't wear most knee high boots cause they are so big. I'd love to hear people's ideas
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose weight from, but your body tends to lose it from the areas where you have the most weight. So as you go down to your goal weight, your body will probably burn muscle/fat from your calves to shrink them.
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try the Insanity workouts. It has defined my calf muscles and made them slimmer. Lots of circuit training with jogging, jumping jacks, squats, but kicks, yoga stretching, etc.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    bump
  • linzoglesby
    linzoglesby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do a very simple calf muscle exercise. Stand up and go up onto your tippy toes and then go straight down until you almost touch the floor. Up and down. Up and down. Do it over and over until it burns and you can't do anymore. Then rest and do it again and again. This is what I do before snowboarding season to build the muscles up in my calves. When you need to take it to the next level, do it on a curb outside or a stair in your house. You will have the sexiest calves in town. promise!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You can do a very simple calf muscle exercise. Stand up and go up onto your tippy toes and then go straight down until you almost touch the floor. Up and down. Up and down. Do it over and over until it burns and you can't do anymore. Then rest and do it again and again. This is what I do before snowboarding season to build the muscles up in my calves. When you need to take it to the next level, do it on a curb outside or a stair in your house. You will have the sexiest calves in town. promise!

Would that not make them bigger?

xx
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I used to have big calves too - had to get my boots from Duo online, which sells its boots by calf size as well as foot size.

I didn't do any particular exercise for my calves, but just losing weight all over has helped to slim them down considerably. IN fact, my baggy boots were one of teh first signs I noticed!

So just concentrate on dropping weight, and the calves should get smaller as part of that.