If I'm 223 calories shy..should I eat?

Options
Even if it's past 7pm? What's the latest I should eat.. I think past 6 is a no no?? What say you? :huh:

Hey THANKS For all of the replys! I LOVE this place!!

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I would say past 7 or 8 on some occasions. I would not eat the calories left.
  • AmandaBritt09
    Options
    I usually try not to eat past 7 pm.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is pretty much irrelevant, just cumulative daily intake. If you're not hungry, don't eat those calories. That's just 1/20th of a pound you just passed on consuming.
  • Rena421
    Rena421 Posts: 31
    Options
    If you feel hungry, eat them. Don't go to bed hungry. You won't sleep well.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i probably wouldn't bother for 220 cals
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I cut myself off at 8pm, and i dont even try to eat my remaining calories. Some days I am over and some days I am under my calories. So it evens out. ;)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I work 12 to 15 hour shifts-- I just finished supper at 1015 pm. Fact of life. But you gotta go with what works for you. If you dont want to eat late but have cals- I have heard it is better to go heavy on the protein.
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I work 12 to 15 hour shifts-- I just finished supper at 1015 pm. Fact of life. But you gotta go with what works for you. If you dont want to eat late but have cals- I have heard it is better to go heavy on the protein.

That's good.cuz I over did it on the protein dangnabbit! lol
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to the time. Personally I feel that its the number of calories per day. I eat dinner at 5:30 and don't go to bed until 11pm, Monday through Friday. 5 1/2 hours is a long time to go without eating, so if I'm hungry and I have the calories then I eat them and just like the rest of the day I try and make good choices.
  • jacolyncoker123
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. You don't need to eat unless your body is telling you to.
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to the time. Personally I feel that its the number of calories per day. I eat dinner at 5:30 and don't go to bed until 11pm, Monday through Friday. 5 1/2 hours is a long time to go without eating, so if I'm hungry and I have the calories then I eat them and just like the rest of the day I try and make good choices.

I've actually read in several places.. that we shouldn't eat 3 hours before we go to bed..not sure why... but I think because we aren't gonna burn them off very well while sleeping... but doing what works for you is best! ;0)
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them back....especially after reading a blog today about how much we "under" estimate our calories in and out. If it's a lower number like yours I wouldn't worry too much. IF you are hungry have a palm full of nuts or a protein shake. It will take some of those calories and fill your tummy at the same time. :smile:
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat!!!!!. Or you will be hungry all night and have trouble sleeping!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Even if it's past 7pm? What's the latest I should eat.. I think past 6 is a no no?? What say you? :huh:

Hey THANKS For all of the replys! I LOVE this place!!

I usually don't eat dinner until after 7. just doesn't work in my schedule. Bigger question is, how much have you eaten today? If you net is under 1000, then you should at least get it there.