i need to drop 15 fast i need help

Options
Im going to an event on the 12th i need to drop weight fast without starving. I work 12hours a day so im super tired after work so im looking for a new healthy fad diet

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Poor attempt!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Does your life depend on it?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Let's look at the math. To lose 12 pounds of fat, you'd need to eat 12 pounds x 3500 calories less than your body burns every day. That's 42,000 calories. Divide that by 10 days and you'll need to burn 4,200 calories less than you burn every day between now and then.

Since you probably burn about 1600 calories per day just by getting out of bed, going to work and generally living every day, that leaves you another 2,600 calories you'd need to burn doing exercise every day between now and then while eating absolutely nothing.

Now, does that sound plausible to you? You'd have more success by chopping off a limb.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    heheh, MFP police out tonight. My comment removed and it hasn't been an hour.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I suggest with twelve days to go to find a different way to dazzle. Like a new outfit. Then come back here and come up with a plan that you can sustain for the next six months to a year.

Plus-size-black-and-white-stripes-trend.jpg
  • SueInAz
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    That's okay, I'm sure this is a troll. I wouldn't post at all if I didn't have that little bit saved so that I can just adjust the numbers. :wink:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Get a new outfit. Losing that much in that time isn't going to happen and no one on here is going to give you a plan which would even approach it. Soz.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Um, that's 10 days. It's not going to happen.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    That's okay, I'm sure this is a troll. I wouldn't post at all if I didn't have that little bit saved so that I can just adjust the numbers. :wink:

You hd a good comment above; if people math around here. . . . B)

• SueInAz
    Options

You hd a good comment above; if people math around here. . . . B)
    It's hard to argue with the math, especially when it's that simple.
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Let's look at the math. To lose 12 pounds of fat, you'd need to eat 12 pounds x 3500 calories less than your body burns every day. That's 42,000 calories. Divide that by 10 days and you'll need to burn 4,200 calories less than you burn every day between now and then.

I think this is a really useful way to explain what is needed to lose a certain amount. But, @SueInAz, shouldn't the bit in bold say 'more' rather than 'less'?
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Try subbing in olive oil (salad dressing or cooking oil) and lowering your carbs while raising your protein (whey protein in all kinds of flavours is good).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Healthy fad diet? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Instead of making yourself miserable, why not just get an outfit you look great in and enjoy the event? 15 lbs in 10 days isn't going to happen.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Liquid diet. That would be the only chance in bleep you'd have. Oh and you're gonna starve. There's no way around that. You can, however, fake the look. If you truly only have 15 pounds to lose, you can buy full body nude spanx and pair it with a corset. Lace it tight. And buy a new outfit that looks good with all the undergarments.