Why no sex?

Options
2»

Replies

• shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    lol . .this is too funny. Reminds me of high school. We got a new teacher one year and she had some ripped abs. I am sure she spent hours and hours at the gym. But . . . being students, we used to joke that she had lots of sex and did crunches while doing the deed.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »
    Maybe because the calorie burn is different based on what you actually do during sex.

^^THIS
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    You're looking in the cardio area. If you're doing it right it is strength training. Shoot for progressive overload with each session.
  • senecarr
    Options
    Ask MFP if they'll have a synching option for this and you'll be set:
    www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/05/lovely-sex-tracker_n_7519630.html
  • senecarr
    Options
    swang45 wrote: »
    yuvaboddy wrote: »
    Cause sex burn a lot

Maybe you should either turn a girl on first or use lube. Jk

Or get a prescription for antibiotics.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Jessyd76 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Jessyd76 wrote: »
    You always hear it's a good calorie burn. Might as well find out for sure! ;)

Let the 'research' begin! ;)

There have been tons of forum posts on this actually. Realistically it is as active as a brisk walk for whatever duration you go. Online everyone goes for hours, but for 15 minutes of good intensity they say it is only about a hundred calories usually. Now go ahead ad let the 400 calories epic sexual Olympiads profess and strut.

Good to know! Bummer it's only 100 calories or so - but what a fun way to burn an extra 100 or 200. :)

So semi related question ... I feel like I'm putting dating/sex on hold till I get closer to my goal. Anyone else feel like they are doing that as well? Or have a strong argument for not putting it on hold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqh4JLkp5c0

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    fatgit2015 wrote: »
    So why is sex not listed as an exercise? As a measure of physical activity ie burning calories it is as valid as many of the more obscure exercises on the list. Thoughts?

It's in the eating portion of MFP.

What if you're not into oral?

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Log it as pushups???