Options
13»

Replies

• Kissenia2000
    Kissenia2000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    I saw Giada make this pizza popcorn on her show this weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about it. She put butter, garlic & sundried tomatoes in the food processor, then melted it on the stovetop & poured it over her popcorn. Then she topped it with parmesan & a sprinkle of oregano. I don't like raw garlic much, so it would have to simmer a little bit. It sounds good, but also like a lot of work when just melted butter is yummy enough.
    GH0701_Pizza-Popcorn_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

that's exactly my thoughts on it.

Mmmmm....exactly why I had to stop watching The Food Network! Lol. Too many yummy recipes!

• Kissenia2000
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I love movie popcorn. i'll eat lighter during the day. I drink a lot of fluids to flush the excess sodium.
    I enjoy it and try not to worry about it too much.

Yep. I'm with you!
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Nope. I was a nachos person. Now that calories just aren't worth it for me. I prefer to get some food before the movie and just drink water during. Popcorn makes me hungry, no matter how much I eat. And movie theater popcorn makes me feel bad the next day.

Yeah, if I go out to dinner beforehand, I may not have popcorn.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses are confusing as the OP didn't ask for an opinion on her love of movie theater popcorn or ways to avoid it.
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    br3adman wrote: »
    Molly mcbutter sprinkle and air popped corn add a little salt. You will thank me later once u try it

Ok. Never tried Molly Mcbutter. I'll give it a try! Thanks!

• Kissenia2000
    Options
    Well, now I want popcorn.

LOL. Sorry about that!
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    I always get disappointed when I eat "non-homemade" popcorn because it's either soggy or just not crunchy enough.

When I make my own popcorn, after it's popped, I toss it with the spices of my choice (usually just super finely ground sea salt so I use less) and put it in the convection oven at ~110C (240F) for at least 10 minutes to dry up and become super crunchy. Those 10 minutes give me enough time to turn on the projector and choose a movie.
    As Alton Brown used to say in Good Eats: "Your patience will be rewarded" ;)

When I get extra kinky, I grind me some ultrafine aged parmesan and toss it with the popcorn and then it goes in the oven (no extra salt needed). Oh man.... now I want popcorn!

LOL. I know it makes you want some. I agree. I really enjoy my homemade versions as well.

• amyazing6
    amyazing6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work in a theatre! Not eating our popcorn on a regular basis is SO HARD. It't just so good!!
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    br3adman wrote: »
    Molly mcbutter sprinkle and air popped corn add a little salt. You will thank me later once u try it

Ok. Never tried Molly Mcbutter. I'll give it a try! Thanks!

Yep its 100x better than "butter buds" I also use it on steamed broccoli instead of real butter.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Some of these responses are confusing as the OP didn't ask for an opinion on her love of movie theater popcorn or ways to avoid it.

Okay, yes OP you are a sucker. Better!?!?!?!!?

• Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    mm popcorn! love it anyway i can get it!
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn. I will sometimes make a HUGE bowl of oil popped popcorn, add my butter and salt, and call it a meal. I really freaking love popcorn.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I will sometimes make a HUGE bowl of oil popped popcorn, add my butter and salt, and call it a meal.

I sometimes eat popcorn for breakfast. After all, it's a whole grain!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn. I will sometimes make a HUGE bowl of oil popped popcorn, add my butter and salt, and call it a meal. I really freaking love popcorn.

Doesn't everyone?

• lindawlas
    lindawlas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There is no way you can go to the movies without eating the popcorn there .... That is just wrong! Ha ha ha I make popcorn at home either using a hot air popper or microwaving it in a paper bag ... When you microwave it tho, make sure you don't over cook it as it will burn easy .. I take mine out while it is still popping but the popping has slowed down. I am a little bit of a popcorn addict!
  • bpaolina
    bpaolina Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Boom Chicka Pop!
    Several flavore
    Amazing snack and low calories