Workout Playlists

Options
What songs get you moving?
For me, I can just turn on the top 40 for running on the treadmill but what about other workouts?

Replies

• Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    Eye of the tiger from the Rocky Movies gets me pumped!! :) Also Skillet songs are on my playlist ;)
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Alien Vampires, Funker Vogt, Mindless Self Indulgence, Hanzel und Gretel, Marylin Manson, Die Form, Peaches, Black Sabbath, Rasputina, and others.....
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but because running is still very hard and mentally stressful for me, I have calming music on my iPhone when I run.....I always think it's funny when I'm dying and out of breath and it sings to me, "breathe, just breathe" from the 2am song.
  • rcarri7661
    rcarri7661 Posts: 10
    Options
    Rocky Sound track , Disturbed, Metalica, AC/DC, Godsmack, FooFighters, Top Gun Sound Track, Likin Park, off the top of my head many more.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but because running is still very hard and mentally stressful for me, I have calming music on my iPhone when I run.....I always think it's funny when I'm dying and out of breath and it sings to me, "breathe, just breathe" from the 2am song.

Anna Nalick...she's an excellent artist!!

I mostly listen to Chase & Status - Pieces right now, on loop for 45 minutes. When I was first wanting to get motivated I played Switchfoot - Dare You to Move. I've got a hard/fast playlist too, including Cold, Stabbing Westward, Tommy Lee, Seether, Veruca Salt, The White Stripes, Weezer, Flyleaf (anyone who can't get pumped to 'I'm So Sick' is nuts!), Godsmack, Sneaker Pimps, Zero 7, Limp Bizkit, Eminem, Shinedown, Blindside, Theory of a Deadman, Sick Puppies, KIDNEYTHIEVES lol, Nonpoint, and others.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I personally like anything fast, but a few of them have some pretty good lyrics too!

Assassin - Muse
    Kemp - Millencolin
    Body Movin' - Beastie Boys
    When Love Takes Over - David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland
    Don't Rain on My Parade - Glee Soundtrack
    Pizza Butt - MC Chris
    Break my Stride - Blue Lagoon
    I Believe I Can Fly - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Also, it might seem crazy... but for cardio, when I'm trying to go distance not necessarily speed I've been listening to Harry Potter audiobooks, it's pretty engaging and makes time go by quickly.