New to here! And getting BACK in shape

Options
Hello everyone! I'm Ron and 28 years old
Just to make a long story short. I was always a ore thicker child and at the age of 15/16 I shot up to a little over 400 pounds. Lost more than half of it in a little over two years. As of 2012 I was going through personal issues that lead to emotional eating. I reached about a good 280, Lost some of it and now iI'm down to 235. I would love to loose about 30 to 40 pounds and wanted to try more of a new, fun, modern way of doing so. So I decided to join "My Fitness pal. And Shall I say. II'm already HOOKED! Haha ❤ I never really met or connected With anyone that was as dedicated about fitness or struggled with their weight like I have ..besides My partner of 5/6 months..so I also would love to meet others who are on the same journey as me. Its not easy at all going through any lifestyle change. But it'll all be worth it in the end. And nothing is better than going tthrough that journey with ppl you can relate with! It really is a LIFETIME struggle, so we must ALL try to figure out ways that'll make it just a little bit more easier/fun for us. I hope to either gain that "fun" and "easy" by joining this ..or maybe just to add a little fun and eazy to other ppl's lives .. Dont be scared to speak,I'm a pretty cool, down to earth, artistic fun man whose FULL of humanity! *I won't bite* (at least you give me a cup cake) hahaha! Dont be afraid to ask for any tips or help as well!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Ron! Great to see you here! :D
    Wishing you the best of luck - you'll find tonnes of support here so never be afraid to reach out if it's getting a little tough!
  • 4ever_Rhoney
    4ever_Rhoney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much! I really appreciate it!! ☺
  • BuffMcFly
    BuffMcFly Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good luck reaching your goals. Feel free to add me
  • PatrillaThompson
    Options
    OMG, don't give up!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome site Ron.....Feel free to add me ..I love being a cheerleader on anyone's journey ....wishing you much success :)
  • midlifesally
    midlifesally Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ron. I just joined too. Sounds like you have already accomplished something incredible! Emotional eating seems to be a problem for a lot of people (myself included). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • avicha16
    avicha16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on this journey it's not easy at all. We can motivate each other.