Haven't lost 0.1lb in 3 days

Options
I've been losing weight quite regularly, seeing every 0.3~0.5 pounds decrease everyday. However, I was at 244 pounds this Monday, and I'm still at 244.. eating has been consistent, so were the exercises. Do you have these several days when it's like this?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have WEEKS like this. Weight loss is not always going to be linear
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    qkrzazzang wrote: »
    I've been losing weight quite regularly, seeing every 0.3~0.5 pounds decrease everyday. However, I was at 244 pounds this Monday, and I'm still at 244.. eating has been consistent, so were the exercises. Do you have these several days when it's like this?

You can have several weeks like that. Read up on how weight loss works, what affects it (from a scale reading standpoint), and how body weight fluctuates. If three days is going to bother you you are in for a some serious heartache.
  • qkrzazzang
    qkrzazzang Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have WEEKS like this. Weight loss is not always going to be linear

That's one reason why I have been keeping record of my weight weekly, but I just happened to be a little surprised as I'm experiencing this for the first time.
  • avicha16
    avicha16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used the Jillian Michael workout Dvd. She is great! I drink a lot of lemon water daily, and green tea every day no sugar. Try it. If you can workout 30 min a day or walk for 30 min a day. You will see. You must find away to sweat!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    weighing yourself weekly maybe better for you.
  • avicha16
    avicha16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just because the weight is not moving you may be dropping in body fat and water.
  • sodapoppin28
    sodapoppin28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Give it more time
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

This seems to be the general consensus when it comes to taking out variation in weight loss but I don't buy into it. In fact I think it could make it worse. Just an opinion.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

This seems to be the general consensus when it comes to taking out variation in weight loss but I don't buy into it. In fact I think it could make it worse. Just an opinion.

For real :)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

I use trendweight and try to log daily to get a somewhat more insightful look into it.
  • qkrzazzang
    qkrzazzang Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Guess I will not even bother to use the scale other than every Monday..
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

I use trendweight and try to log daily to get a somewhat more insightful look into it.

I weigh everyday as well and after a couple of weeks learned how weight fluctuates and can now even pretty much predict it. It was very insightful learning process.

The problem I see with weighing once per week, and this is especially true for people that don't know how weight can fluctuate and can't deal with it emotionally, is that if their weight doesn't change, or it even goes up, after seven days they are now stressed for seven days (until the next weigh-in) where if they weigh everyday there is always tomorrow. Weighing once per week does not remove variation.

Also, after a couple of weeks of weighing everyday you get a real good feel for the fluctuations and they are far less stressful.
  • queenliz99
    Options

I weigh everyday as well and after a couple of weeks learned how weight fluctuates and can now even pretty much predict it. It was very insightful learning process.

The problem I see with weighing once per week, and this is especially true for people that don't know how weight can fluctuate and can't deal with it emotionally, is that if their weight doesn't change, or it even goes up, after seven days they are now stressed for seven days (until the next weigh-in) where if they weigh everyday there is always tomorrow. Weighing once per week does not remove variation.

Also, after a couple of weeks of weighing everyday you get a real good feel for the fluctuations and they are far less stressful.

That's what I do as well. Daily fluctuations don't bother me either. I'm looking at the big picture. But the OP is hung up 1/10 of a pound and that seems a little obsessive.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Yeah, there was some paleo person I remember reading who's recommendation was either weigh yourself something like once a year, or every single day. She felt it was only weighing yourself everyday that you could get psychologically use to just how much weight can fluctuate.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,007 Member
    Options
    Heck, I'm up five pounds this week. Darn ovaries!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Agree.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    The longest period of no weight loss (bounced up and down over a 2lb range) was 2 weeks.