Hi everyone. I need you.

Options
I need help. I have lost weight and gained it back plus some more. Back in 2012 i started at 272 I lost 35 lbs but over the past few years I gained it back. Now I am 302. That's a lot of weight to gain. I lost all of my motivation and need it back. I have no support from family or friends. It's kind of hard to make this a lifestyle when your husband eats awful too. He is much smaller than me. We have a gym membership but we never use it. Where should I start? Is anyone willing to help?

Replies

• lazyketo978
    lazyketo978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I have switched to the ketogenic lifestyle. It's the only "diet" I've EVER been able to stick to, lose weight and not feel like I'm missing out on anything. And you can eat so many amazing things that I'm sure you could convince your hubby to join in to! It took my BF a few months but now he is def on board! There are a lot of good keto resources online too. keto clarity is an amazing book that I def recommend reading! It will tell you everything you would ever need to know! Hope that helps :) also, do you have Instagram? If not you should totally make one. The keto/weightloss on IG is so intense and amazing! You will have all the support you need :) look me up if you decide to make one!!
  • Moddingspree
    Moddingspree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You could start using the myfitness pal app to count the calories you eat. Basically you set a goal (loose 0,5kg a week, 1kg a week etc. not sure what those are in pounds), and it tells you what your calorie limit is daily (based on height/weight/physical activity). All you have to do is register the calories you eat and it automatically counts them for you.
    For example I want to loose 1kg/week, so If I eat >=1500 calories I can achieve that. It's pretty easy and fun to do. If you have any questions, you know where to ask.

P.S. It will take a while this way with no exercise, but it will be worth the weight. Also you can also set it to mantain your weight, after you have lost enough.
  • fxgjtyg
    fxgjtyg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I totally understand ur situation to get rid of this always remember about
  • rebeccaz101379
    rebeccaz101379 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time :-) don't think about getting through tomorrow today ;)
    Immediately upon getting up while still in my Jammie's I throw on one of leslie sansone's walking DVDs I do four miles, however you could start with 5 minutes if you wish, it's baby steps but sticking to them that helps you progress :-)
    Ketogenic diets didn't work for me, high protein makes me crave sweets, I become depressed irritable and binge eat....I do much better on mostly high carb, moderate protein and lower fat a typical day in eating for me is:
    A baked potato with a cup of bean soup poured on top
    A banana a cup of berries, stevia to taste, I tbsp almond butter drizzled on top
    Bag of 100 calorie gluten free pretzel rods
    A gluten free flatbread filleted in half (to make two thin halves) 1/2 cup pizza sauce, I cup chopped onions and green peppers, 1/2 cup spinach (bake this to make cheese free pizzas :-) ooo fresh garlic to taste
    Two cups of freedom foods chocolate x o cereal with a cup of flax milk
    There's so much fiber it keeps me full all day I drink about two quarts of water too :-)
    Everyone is different though, you may be better with high protein, this works for me and the calorie counting helps dramaticall
    I wish you the best of luck and if I can help in your journey please let me know :-)
    ((Hugs))