CALLING ALL RUNNERS!

Options
Hi all! I really need some motivational friends, as I'm getting back in to running. I've been in a slump ever since I ran a 1/2 marathon last year, and really need help getting over this! Feel free to add me so we can trade some tips and tricks

Replies

• BamaRunningGirl
    BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am working up to running again too. Feel free to add me. I can use all the motivation and support I can get!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I want to run but there are just too many bears around here.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    You can add me, but despite the fact that I try to run, and move my legs and body in a way defined as running, MFP thinks otherwise. When Strava syncs to MFP it says I ran in place (apparently I hallucinated being outdoors and moving) while Endomondo say I walked at a very, very brisk pace. I'm pretty sure that was not walking.

So as long as you don't mind a friend who is either running in place or walking, I'm here.
  • fan_of_fit
    fan_of_fit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bears?!
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 2 half marathons this fall - Sept 20 & Oct 18, plus some shorter races in Nov.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am working up running again this time small steps, I do not want to burn myself out like I did in the past. Also, I would to run my first half marathon 2016.

Start off with baby steps run 1/2 mile than walk 1/2 mile whatever works for you but take your time.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am recovering from knee surgery, so starting from scratch. I have run 4 marathons. It'll be awhile before I'm there again if ever, lol. But would love to help motivate you and maybe get some extra support myself.

@Daisy471 Are you doing the gulf coast half in Oct?
  • jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.. I had ACL reconstruction almost 2 years ago. I love running now. Training for my first 10k and depending if I do DIE... I got up from there. Add me if you like.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options

Where is *here*?
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options

No excuse. Bears MAKE you run, they don't prevent it.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    @shangates92 - no, the Humboldt Redwoods Half. I'm really excited about it! We visited there several years ago and I can't wait to go back, it's one of the most beautiful places I've been.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! I run half and full marathons primarily. Also: join the monthly running threads! Lots of friends and inspiration to be found there!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am running my second HM this weekend in Virginia Beach.

For the bear problem the solution is simple. Get a slower friend to run with you. :wink:
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like too. I just started to run again after a long long looking hiatus. I used to run hm I the past, but I will be lucky to complete a 5K now. I am determined to run a 10K hopefully next year by June.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into running too! I used to love it and I find having to build up my running fitness quite demotivating but I remember what its like to be a runner so I'm determined to get back to that place! :smiley:
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Add me if you like. I am running my second HM this weekend in Virginia Beach.

For the bear problem the solution is simple. Get a slower friend to run with you. :wink:

Lmao!!
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm training for my first ever marathon, feel free to add me!
  • jenncalicollins617
    Options
    I'm a new runner, a few 5 & 10k10ks completed & training for my first half. Add me :)
    I am working up to running again too. Feel free to add me. I can use all the motivation and support I can get!!
    Are you in Alabama?
  • dtsbrown
    dtsbrown Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a runner too. My next run is in October 10 mile race, we can encourage each other.