Hi all!

Options
Just wanted to say hello to the folks here. MFP was mentioned by someone on Fitocracy, because I hate food tracking. It's been amazingly easier here via the phone -- I used to use SparkPeople and dear god was it tedious. I had no idea how much of a great community was here, so I thought I'd say hello.

I have been overweight for ten years. I lost 40 pounds back in 2009, but met my now husband and we love to eat. So the weight came back. I currently play roller derby, and my fitness improved exponentially since I started, but I haven't been able to beat the endurance test (2 laps short) and I'm tired of being the slowest skater on the team.

Then we had a photographer come by and I saw pictures of me. And I was horrified. Between the weight that I somehow missed and the game I want to have, I knew it was time to get rid this weight while working on my endurance so I can be the player I want to be.

But I need motivation. Skating's great, but I need a lot of motivation to keep working on everything else to make me better (endurance, strength). I'm looking forward to meeting you all and hoping to learn as much as I can from others -- as well as some friendly e-ears when frustration comes.

Replies

• chuaseahhui
    chuaseahhui Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You can make it
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :)

I was in denial about my weight gain until I too saw a photograph of myself at someones wedding. It was a group photo and every one around me looked fantastic in their smart clothes. I was dressed the part but I was also the largest person in the photo and it was obvious. It really jolted me. My advice to you - let it go. That's the last time you'll ever be horrified to see yourself.

Track your food, eat at a healthy deficit and stick to your skating and your energy will most likely soar. Wishing you the best of luck - You can do this.
  • fmadika
    fmadika Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi keep up the good work