Psyching myself out

Options
I swear I've done like a complete 180 when it comes to how I look at myself right now....like, last week I was feeling good and confident, noticing how slim my waist is getting, loving the compliments....then this past week, I look at myself in the mirror, and I'm not liking it at all. It doesn't even matter that I've been losing weight consistently, and I've lost inches off my thighs and hips......my confidence has just taken a bit of a nosedive.

I think I'm just psyching myself out, but man it's really getting to me.

Replies

• justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Be careful with that...it can get to be a vicious cycle. When I was at my thinnest I think is when I felt the most vulnerable. I could work my *kitten* off for weeks and feel totally stoked that I looked good then I'd eat a cookie and feel like everyone could see my failure.

Keep working on the positive self-talk. Best of luck to you.
  • c3lxxx
    c3lxxx Posts: 25
    Options
    Ive been on the same rollercoaster and I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to keep pushing forward because of my horrible attitude about how I look....last week I was glowing....
    I would love to hear some answers as well!

Cel
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. I'm on the same boat. Everytime I see a downward change in my weight I temporarily feel better. Then I start to feel so ugly again :(
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Me too. I don't have a scale so will only be able to weigh myself every few weeks. I noticed a change on camera already....but when I look at myself in the mirror without that 2 weeks ago comparison right there, I don't see a change AT ALL.

Next week will be the "up" week for you. Enjoy feeling GOOD and know you are looking GOOD!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Remember guys, roller coasters are supposed to be fun!
    For what it's worth, you are all pretty frickin' beautiful and courageous just for being here and being engaged in your lives!