Too much fat

Options
Say for example I'm under my calorie goal nut the app says I have had too much fat, does this mean I won't lose weight

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You'll be okay. Going over or under a macro every once in a while won't hurt. For weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit. So you will still lose weight as long as your really eating at a deficit .
  • loveyaself123
    loveyaself123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No, its about the long run anyway. Having too much fat one day isnt necessarily going to stop your weight loss
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not at all. It just means the fat content in the food you're eating is higher than the pre-set amount that is in your settings.

You will still lose weight if you're at a calorie deficit.
  • staceyannpope682
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys. Been very helpful :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    The other posters summed it up - it doesn't matter. Stay under or at your calorie goal and you'll lose weight :)

I go over my carbs 'allowance' almost every day and enjoy every second of it! :D
  • staceyannpope682
    Options
    I try not to worry about it most days. I eat a lot of fruit and it always says I'm over my sugar and I just think you can't cut everything out.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    No, fat loss is about calories. It doesn't matter from where the calories come. Tracking other things is about nutrition or personal goals.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Say for example I'm under my calorie goal nut the app says I have had too much fat, does this mean I won't lose weight

Nope. You will lose weight by eating within your calorie goals no matter what your macros are.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Think of fats and proteins (<-- especially protein) as minimums. Carbs are non essential nutrients but still provide lots of benefits like energy.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yep, if we are talking weight loss only, all that matters is that you are burning more calories than you eat, no matter what you eat or how your macros look, so don't worry about it :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I try not to worry about it most days. I eat a lot of fruit and it always says I'm over my sugar and I just think you can't cut everything out.

I turned the sugar tracker off (I track fiber instead). I do try to limit "added sugar"....but MFP lumps all sugars together. Maybe someone with medical issues needs to track this....no medical issues for me.