Looking for some new buddies! Click if you dare!

Options
Hiya!

I'm Karen, from the land down under, been hanging around the halls of MFP like a bad smell for 580 days today. 103 pounds down 103 to go!

Looking for friends who are serious about being in this for the long haul (sadly all the friends I started with are all long gone) beware if you don't log in for 30 days you are gone (harsh I know).

Looking for friends who are consistently logging and like to have a laugh and particularly those who are in my boat (figuratively of course cause if there are too many of us, we'll sink the darn thing) who have lost a bit and still have a bit to go (hahha 103 pounds is a bit?).

Feel free to add me if this sounds like you :)

K

Replies

• supershaz12
    supershaz12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen. I'm very impressed that you have lost 103 lbs already. I'm trying to lose 100 lbs (possibly slightly more but as it will take over a year to reach the first goal I will re-assess when I get there).

I'm in the UK so we may be logging our entries at very different times but it will be great to watch your progress / have someone watch mine on our quest to lose these pesky little 100 lbs !!!!
  • pjtroiani
    pjtroiani Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I am fighting to lose 50 to 60 pounds. As a crepe chef, it is up hill. I am in this for the long haul.... All of my grandparents died of heart disease and at 240 pounds i will meet the same fate. Good to meet you!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have added both you lovely ladies. I know about up hill. I have Fibromyalgia and vertigo 24/7 for the past 5 years, so let's say nothing is impossible!
  • kirstyvdk1
    kirstyvdk1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have lost so much already! Inspirational - I log every day (well only been on for 6 days but intend to keep going). I am facing a knee replacement so getting lighter is one thing I can do to hopefully delay the surgery and reduce my day to day pain. I'll be here every day!
  • karenrich77
    Options
    Awesome, I have accepted your request!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen ....I am Megan ....Congrats on your weightloss so far...What an amazing accomplishment ....I am here for the long haul ...I promised myself I would not give up when things got tough ...I lost 4 people within 3 months this year ...granted I didn't log my food nor did I workout but I was on here everyday talking to friends ....I finally got out of my funk the beginning of Aug. and haven't stopped yet ....You are more than welcome to add me :)
  • karenrich77
    Options
    Absolutely will Megan, love a good chat too, it can't all be calorie counting and walking! So sorry to hear of your losses xx
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Karen ...and no it can't all be about calorie counting and working out :)
  • fkh8rs
    fkh8rs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone feel free to add me we all need support on our weight loss journeys
  • karenrich77
    Options
    Hey mate, just sent you a friend request :)
  • fkh8rs
    fkh8rs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive accepted :)
  • loveyaself123
    loveyaself123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keen to chat and build a little support group.
    Im a full time worker, often too tired for the gym and probably drinking too much wine.
    o:)
  • RosaScot90
    RosaScot90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cat. I'm 24 and not terribly overweight (11 stone) but really feel it as I'm quite short. I used to be very active but have put on weight in the last couple of years ago due to injury and my weight has been fluctuating since then so I'm hoping to get it down a bit and keep things a bit more steady.

Going on holiday towards the end of October so would like to make a bit of a dent before then :smile:

Feel free to add me, I could do with buddies on here to help motivate me!
  • KellzNew92
    KellzNew92 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi, im Kelly-Ann 23 from Scotland! Well done on your weight loss!! Im currently 44lb down, want to lose another 60+ feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other :)

Anyone else can also add me if they like, im looking for some support too :)
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    @karenrich77 Just reading your post is inspiring....Yay You! Awesome job....keep it up.
    I find having people that actually interact is keeping me motivated. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • karenrich77
    Options
    Awesome, sending you all friend requests you awesome people you!
  • YAHWEH56
    YAHWEH56 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm definitely in this convo now muhaha who's boat we sinking ha. But for real congrats that's a huge accomplishment. Feel free to add me I still have some weight to lose!!
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be here a while. I have 50 to 70# pounds to lose. Let's do this! ☺☺
  • badcopp1970
    badcopp1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, my name is James and i live in Alberta, Canada. Just recently i was sent to emergency for various symptoms, one was excessive thirst, kidney failure, vision loss, blackouts and i had lost 35/lbs in 6 weeks (muscle loss), turns out i was running a sugar level of 32+ for more then 6 weeks and a high sugar level for a few months prior to that, basically one foot in the grave. Ironically 6 months ago i had a perfect check up just a little high on my Cholesterol, 2 1/2 years ago i topped out at 415/lbs and made a promise to my kids that i would lose weight. 8 weeks ago i was 315/lbs and felt healthy, then i got sick and now i am 286/lbs a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic and i am now following a strict diet and exercise and would like to be a part of your support group to reach my goal of 195/lbs and get back playing hockey. Congrats on your progress as well it is inspirational and thanks for listening.
  • karenrich77
    Options
    Sent friend requests to you all xx