Cooking my chicken in the pan with olive oil

Options
does anybody else cook there chicken in the pan with olive oil? It's delicious! saxkyuk8b67x.jpg

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Isn't that how you're supposed to do it? I mean, besides a variety of other ways.
  • aaxxee20000
    aaxxee20000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say that the nutrients go away and that the oil burns easily which isn't true.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,908 Member
    Options
    Extra virgin olive oil does have a lower smoke point than other oils so if they were referring to EVOO, they were correct.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use a Calphalon hard anodized searing pan and don't use any oil or butter of any kind. Just throw the chicken or salmon or whatever in there. Nothing else is needed. I spend my healthy fat calories on avocado. Oil isn't worth it to me. And because I'm a little bit addicted to avocado. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Extra virgin olive oil does have a lower smoke point than other oils so if they were referring to EVOO, they were correct.

It smokes at a lower temperature, but it does not break down like many other oils when it smokes.

I cook 80% of all foods in olive oil, and I dress most raw foods in it (and some cooked foods). I love the stuff. It's the thing I struggle most to keep from overeating.