Stuck at the same weight need help

Options

Replies

• jamiegibbs8
    jamiegibbs8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position I'd love for someone who's been doing this longer to tell me how I can improve
  • purleyprimitives
    Options
    I've been at the same weight for about a year regardless of what I eat.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    From all of the articles and threads I've read, there seem to be these common problems when people hit a plateau:
    1. Your body is too familiar with your exercise routine and/or you have less to lose now, so you need to increase the intensity to burn more.
    2. You're not truly eating as little as you think you are. Weighing food is the most accurate way to ensure that you really are eating x number of calories. Also, even gum has calories, so that needs to be logged in too, especially if you go through one pack in one day. Any and every thing that enters your mouth should be logged in.
    3. You've reached your body's ideal weight for a healthy lifestyle, and the best thing to do right now is tone up.
    4. There are many conflicting reports on starvation mode (I trust science more than people, so I personally don't believe in it myself), BUT people *have* claimed that eating 200-500 calories more for a few days in a row and then going back to their original calorie limit has helped them to overcome a plateau.
  • rebeccaz101379
    rebeccaz101379 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nelda, great advice, what always seems to work for me is having a cheat meal once a week :-) I usually make it Sunday and eat whatever I want :-) including dessert, surprisingly enough I was more toned after the meal (next day) then before it! :-)