Calories under "Goals" totally different than at bottom of food page?

Hi guys-

Not new, but apparently a noob. Today I noticed my "Your Daily Goal" total at the bottom of my food entry page was at 2697, MUCH higher than I set on my goals page.

I returned to my goals page, and yep - it still says 1740.

I'm not using any sort of device to enter data (like a fitbit), it's all through the webpage with one or two food entries scanned in...

So what gives? Apparently I'm both overweight and clueless lol.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• toesinarow
    toesinarow Posts: 17 Member
    I believe that one at the bottom of the page is your calorie goal (1740) plus any calories you burned on this particular day from exercise, if you've already entered it. Have you entered your exercise today?

i.e. my calorie goal is around 1400, but I burned 400 calories today in exercise so now my calorie goal for today is 1800 (I burned 400, so I can eat 400 more and still meet my target).

Does this sound like I'm on the right track with what your experiencing?
  • fmadika
    fmadika Posts: 13 Member
    You need to re
    Hi guys-

Not new, but apparently a noob. Today I noticed my "Your Daily Goal" total at the bottom of my food entry page was at 2697, MUCH higher than I set on my goals page.

I returned to my goals page, and yep - it still says 1740.

I'm not using any sort of device to enter data (like a fitbit), it's all through the webpage with one or two food entries scanned in...

So what gives? Apparently I'm both overweight and clueless lol.

Thanks in advance!

You need to reduce you calories intake or exercises more to meet you calorie goal.
  • blessedtoes
    blessedtoes Posts: 9 Member
    toesinarow wrote: »
    I believe that one at the bottom of the page is your calorie goal (1740) plus any calories you burned on this particular day from exercise, if you've already entered it. Have you entered your exercise today?

i.e. my calorie goal is around 1400, but I burned 400 calories today in exercise so now my calorie goal for today is 1800 (I burned 400, so I can eat 400 more and still meet my target).

Does this sound like I'm on the right track with what your experiencing?

A-ha! This was exactly what it was - thank you, awesomesauce.