New but not new

Options
Hi guys new to the whole blogging and posting on the app..

I've used it for a while and find it pretty good..

I'd like to think that this fourm would help for some motivation as I find it hard to stay motivated and fall back into bad habits.. I was at 19% body fat I'm not down to 15-16% but finding it very hard to drop lower.. Love to get a few online friends to chat to and discuss anything and everything to do with healthy living..

All the best guys and PMA!!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress. I'd love to drop my body fat but I have a way to go!
  • marcusoshea123
    marcusoshea123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive comment :) everyone has a goal that there gonna smash :)
  • GLJLA
    GLJLA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you're at 15-16% body fat in the picture then I would have to say that's my goal. I think I'm at just under 21% now.... It's a long and rough road. What exercise routine are you following?
  • marcusoshea123
    marcusoshea123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    GLJLA wrote: »
    If you're at 15-16% body fat in the picture then I would have to say that's my goal. I think I'm at just under 21% now.... It's a long and rough road. What exercise routine are you following?

Yeah I'm about 16% body fat there.. I find it hard to drop from there since I find my body craves carbs after training..

My training usually consists of 3 weeks strength training then 3 weeks olympic lifting. Then followed by a week of yoga and mobility training.. Then repeat.

I don't do a lot of cardio.. But could someone tell me would cardio really help strip the last bit of fat or would lowering carbs be more important ?

Thanks for all the positive and helpful comments guys.
  • GLJLA
    Options
    I would think adding cardio into the routine might help with the few extra pounds but you might give both options an equal chance. Add some cardio in for a few weeks and if that isn't helping try the lower carb option.
  • GLJLA
    Options
    I've been doing the 21 day fix and fix extreme routines and that's been working for me. I doubt that'll get you the muscle gains you're looking for but it's something you might look into. The workouts are equal parts cardio and strength training.