My Work Out Journey Will Get Better

I feel good about the workout I have been getting in on my new journey! I come on this app and see what everybody else are engaging in which is typically way more than me but then I have to remind myself 25/30 minutes of workout is better than 0! I'm engaging in 25/30 minutes of excersice activity compared to the 0 minutes I would usually engage in and because of that I can still feel proud of myself and look forward to pushing myself and one day reaching 1-2 hours of exercise! We all are made of different shapes and sizes therefore we all workout differently.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Yes. You are doing just fine. Just keep moving forward. That's all that matters.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Absolutely compare your progress to your own self - not anyone else's. Keep pushing forward to improve your strength and endurance. But comparing to others can be discouraging.

Congratulations on how far you have come!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    You are doing great!

Unless you have a particular goal, or are an athlete, there is no need for us mere mortals to spend hours exercising.
    I started weak as a kitten doing aqua fit 3x a week. That was enough for me for 6 month.

6 years later, I do a wide variety of exercise, but 60 min 5 x a week is plenty for me. Ok, I can put a lot more energy into what I am doing, but anything more than that and I am miserable and burn out in 3 months.

Push yourself to be as fit as you can be, don't worry about anyone else.

The fitness level of some people on this forum is indeed impressive.

Cheers, h.
  • shharhonda_mail
    shharhonda_mail Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you all! I appreciate it and will keep you updated on my journey