I want to be alive 20 years from now

Options
My name is Paula. I am going to be 48 in October. I have gone on diets before and have lost weight and then stopped and have gained it all back and then some. I am going to get weighed today because I am sure my scale at home can't handle what I have to offer it. I will post my actual weight on here later today. Over the last 5 years, I have had knee surgery, ended up with a blood clot, been diagnosed with breast cancer, went thru 6 months of chemo, had both my boobs whacked off, learned to love myself again, decided on implants, had surgery to have expanders put in, had an opperectomy (ovaries removed), surgery again to exchanged expanders to implants, implants failed, had surgery again to remove those and get new ones, hurt my foot and have spent all summer off work trying to heal it. I have had a lot to be depressed about but never thought of myself as a depressed person cause I am always in a good mood, but maybe I am masking my depression by eating. I need to do this for myself, for my kids and for my husband. On the path I am on, I will be dead in 10 years. I don't want that. I want to grow old with my husband and I want to see my children get married and have babies of their own. I am not done living. My journey started yesterday and I know that i need to stay on it. It's just so hard!!!! I will pray every day that I can do this and I will keep my chin up and take it one day at a time!!!!

Replies

• maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Paula, You can do this! Proud of you for posting and wish you good luck in your journey.
  • sanzipopa
    sanzipopa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First of all Paula, you're a hero! :) You've been through a lot and still have the energy to work on yourself, that's a great first step and you should be proud of yourself.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The first step is the hardest and you should be proud of yourself for that. Begin to set small goals for yourself and know that the first step will lead to a mile.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    You are in my prayers. I understand wanting to live.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Paula, you've got this. Yeah, its hard at first but it does get easier. The hardest part is just getting started. Once you do you get into a routine and then when you start to lose some weight it feels good. I'm right behind you at 45 years old and I started with 125 pounds to lose. I've already lost 50 pounds in the last few months. You can too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @paularoseloomis last year at 63 I realized I was approaching death at the speed of light so with nothing to lose and it all to gain I finally left food containing sugars and/or grains trying to manage my pain by diet. In 30 days that worked out well and now a year later eating <50 grams of carbs daily my health markers are improving still. Best of Success. We are all different and hope you find a way of eating that works for you.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and an extremely strong woman. You've over come things that I can't even imagine having to go through and your attitude is fantastic and admirable. Of course making changes to your diet will have a good impact on your health, of course it'll make you feel better in the long run - but please make sure you are kind to yourself in the process. You have had so much happen to you and survived it all so losing those pounds will be a walk in the park in comparison. I have no doubt in my mind that you can do this. Wishing you the best of luck and a happy, healthy journey :)
  • MonikaHopkins
    MonikaHopkins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have came this far in life not to give up but to accomplish & you will .....im on my 3rd day its not easy but like you say theres alot more blessings for you in life
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a story - YOU GO GIRL!! You got this. You can do this!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Paula, you've come through a lot; you'll succeed here, too. You've got a lot of support here. You can do this.