Day 4 wasn't a great one

Options
Struggled to find a victory yesterday
Everything went wrong at work and home. Stressed to the point of tears by supper time so ate like crap (fried chicken) but made my self log everything I ate including the coney dog at 11pm. Then while chastising myself I realized the victory was that I logged it and although I went well over my calories for the day because I had made good chours at breakfast and lunch that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. So am done with it, can't change it now and am moving forward. Today is a new day and smarter choices!

Replies

• ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Glad you learned from this experience! You did the best thing, logging everything and not letting it derail you in the long run. Keep it up!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    And that's the way life goes. Dust yourself off and move forward - sounds like you have a great attitude about it - that'll go a long way towards success. :)
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the first week or two I just focused on weighing and logging the things I was eating. Then I started taking a look at where I could change things and started trying to make better choices. I also found it useful to look at the week-long averages, so if I goofed up one day or one meal it was no big deal because my overall week still had a deficit. Great job being honest with yourself :)
  • Ashleigh_91
    Ashleigh_91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) hope it's s better day for you.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating fried chicken or going over calories for one day.

Unless you were eating over maintenance you either maintained or lost a little fat, any gain in weight is just coincidence. Just keep going and don't quit and you'll see the results you want even if it takes an extra day here or there.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, a fresh set of calories :)
    Wipe today from your mind, it's done!
  • ashleesaid
    ashleesaid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. You did a good thing logging it. I find that when I cheat and I log it honestly it takes some of the guilt away, oddly.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

+1
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Early on, I had a bad day and gave myself permission not to log. Basically giving myself permission to binge. And I did binge. But I decider I had to log it all. It was a significant turning point in my journey, and was the moment I knew I was in for the long haul.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

+2
  • cathliz71
    cathliz71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has written. It was one day. You wrote it down, owned it and have moved on. Good for you! You can do this.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, you've got the right idea about it. Moving on and getting back on track the next day is what moves us closer to our health goals.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great attitude peep! Its one meal, one bite at a time.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing, I bet day 40 will be great.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with fried chicken?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    The fact you logged it means you (in the end) won. You may have eaten over your calories, but the fact that you accepted that you did and moved on means you have a great foundation built for lifelong eating habits. Life isn't about eating super duper clean 110% of the time even when sick, celebrating or on holidays. It's about balance :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    peep69 wrote: »
    Struggled to find a victory yesterday
    Everything went wrong at work and home. Stressed to the point of tears by supper time so ate like crap (fried chicken) but made my self log everything I ate including the coney dog at 11pm. Then while chastising myself I realized the victory was that I logged it and although I went well over my calories for the day because I had made good chours at breakfast and lunch that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. So am done with it, can't change it now and am moving forward. Today is a new day and smarter choices![/quote]

Indeed it is. Great attitude!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What's wrong with fried chicken?

Not a thing, in my opinion! Love fried chicken!