Hydroxycut

Options
What about Hydroxycut? Do you take diet pills, have you ever considered a get skinny quick pill?
I tell you what these pills are tools (supplements), and tools are only as good as the user. The supplement industry is raking in Billions of dollars, do you subscribe to the skinny pill theory?

If so which one do you like best, which pill has helped you out the most?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There are no magic pills... hydroxycut is a waste of money. And if you buy into it; get your money back.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I work in pharmacovigilance and got several free samples. I used it initially to try it out and it's basically useless - people who claim it works are seeing results from the routine, not the pill.
  • Got_Discipline
    Got_Discipline Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with you to a certain extent. Yes there is no magic pill weight loss is all about burning extra calories, But some of these pills have appetite suppressors in them that curve your appetite. Others have Caffeine and other chemicals that will get your but moving. Sometimes the extra push really helps ppl out when it comes to getting motivated.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Don't waste your money on that junk. I know their ads make it seem like a great way to lose weight. But in the end, unless you learn the proper way of eating to lose weight. You'll put those lost pounds back on again, plus more.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Ironically, shouldn't you be preaching more about "discipline" rather than supporting pills that suppress appetite? And what happens if they stop using them? Are they now allowed to have that appetite back because the chemical reaction from the supplement is no longer present?
    Discipline comes from habitual behavior change. Not using a pill to force it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Got_Discipline
    Options
    Perhaps these pills will help to motivate your fitness. Once you learn how to better control your cravings you won't need this supplemental crutch.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Perhaps these pills will help to motivate your fitness. Once you learn how to better control your cravings you won't need this supplemental crutch.

Lol.

You'll learn how to control cravings when you get some self discipline instead of using pills as a short cut to that...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Once you learn how to better control your cravings you won't need this supplemental crutch.

But that's just the thing...you DON'T learn how to control your cravings. You have a pill do it artificially for you.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I bought them a few times through my adult life and never once did they do anything but make me jittery. I never lost a lb due to hydroxycut.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in Hydroxycut or any other diet pill but I have heard that Hydrox cookies are coming back-remember those?
    I'm an Oreo girl myself-how bout you?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I took hydroxycut in my more gullible stages... It doesn't work. It has the same amount of caffeine in it as three cups of coffee which is why it's been labeled an appetite suppressant. It's a waste of time and money.

Calorie deficit is all you need to lose weight.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Hydroxy Cut gave me plague-level acne and the jitters. Seriously, forget pimples, I had boils on my face, in my late 20s, after never having had that sort of problem before. I did Hydroxy Cut for two weeks, included a diet and exercise and it had no effect. I could literally feel the drug exiting my system when I went off of them and it was a HUGE relief. Surprise, surprise, my acne completely cleared up within a week of discontinuing use.

So, my opinion on Hydroxy Cut:
    • Huge waste of money
    • Potentially dangerous
    • Completely useless
    • No thanks

For note, I also tried that special pill designed specifically for women (the name escapes me). I didn't have any serious side effects, so I gave it a month. I lost four pounds (I've lost more on deficit alone) and it kept me from retaining water too badly. So, it's about the same as an over-priced water pill.
  • Got_Discipline
    Options
    Good responses not at all what I expected.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    For note, I also tried that special pill designed specifically for women (the name escapes me). I didn't have any serious side effects, so I gave it a month. I lost four pounds (I've lost more on deficit alone) and it kept me from retaining water too badly. So, it's about the same as an over-priced water pill.

slimquick :smile:

i did the hydroxycut drink mix ONE time in college and felt absolutely horrible: dizziness, nausea, jitters... basically whatever you had to call the doctor for.

haven't touched that crap since.

y'know what pill i take? the pill of positivity! boom! :D
  • dollarbill181
    dollarbill181 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tried Hydroxycut a few years back.
    And YES it worked (dropped 8lbs in one week).

BUT...the second I stopped using it all that weight came back, despite keeping the same workout routine and healthy eating. For that reason I haven't touched a diet pill since.

Your best bet is to steer clear of diet pills and just do it naturally.
  • ofmiceandmodems
    Options
    New here on MFP, but about a year and a half ago (before I wised up) I bought Hydroxycut thinking it would be a godsend. Yeah, don't use that trash. It's so expensive and can damage your heart. When I took them, I noticed my heart would suddenly beat erratically and it scared me away from diet pills completely. Since then, I learned to stop being lazy and worked the weight off, normally. Just eat well, reasonably, and keep moving. There really isn't a "magic pill" - trust me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Motivation is internal. Using results from pills as motivation is short lived because once it stops working or desired results aren't attained, then motivation to continue is gone or they start looking for another pill. And so on and so on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Never used hydroxycut but used ACE two years ago just to get going. It helped curb my appetite and did help with energy. Once I got going good though I stopped using it as my appetite had gotten right. The energy was coming on its own as well. Was a good help to get on the right track but not necessary after that.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I recently started using hydroxy cut max for women. I haven't noticed a HUGE significance but my workouts are better and longer. The bottle was 40$ at shoppers drug mart. I take 3 pills daily. Don't take them without food. They give me a boost for sure. No jitters or anything.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If you have the money go for it. I thought they would be stronger I won't repurchase but if I want fat burners I'd go with zantrex 3 instead. I was going to buy pgx but got these instead on a whim there alright. I take 2 first thing when I wake up then 1 later in the day usually before the gym right now. Been taking them for almost a week. It is curbing my appetite (I aim for 1200 cal a day..) and my workouts are better then without a supplement. Just my opinion.. ;)