goals! - could use inspiration and advice!

Options
Hello all! I'm a 5'4" 33 year old female in the 220's. My first goal, first and foremost, is to be UNDER 200. I haven't been there in years.

2 weeks ago I started a low carb, high fat diet. I see a lot of good results from others but I wasn't losing weight AND hated it, so I'm going to go back to counting calories and maybe make my calorie intake less, while exercising 3-4 days a week.

That being said, I changed my macro goals to 5%, 25% and 75%. Has anyone here NOT changed their macros who can tell me what the default settings are so I can move them back?

Also, if anyone has been in my weight situation and less at LEAST 30 lbs, can you tell me some tips and tricks? I usually play around with the same 15 lbs and would love to move past them.

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• patty_mayer
    patty_mayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there! At one point I was up over 240 lbs. I tried everything too and one thing I can tell you, the low carb, high fat deal isn't the way to go. It might work for the duration but go ahead, eat some carbs and see what happens. LOL I learned that one the hard way too. I have changed my macros and honestly don't remember what the default settings are so I can't help you with that. But what I can tell you has worked for me is to stick to my calorie goal and as close to my macros as possible and make sure I work out. Last weigh in, I was down to 138.9. The old fashioned way of counting calories and getting in workouts WORKS. And you have a better chance at long term success that way.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the default settings are but you can run it through the automatic settings. I used custom settings of 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein which worked great for me while losing and I maintain on that same principle.

When I started out I was 5'4 and 225lbs so it's completely possible to lose weight, not follow fad diets and not feel like you're starving.
  • aalcazar27
    aalcazar27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! You guys are awesome and so helpful !!