Fat allowances in diary

Options
I thought that saturated fat was a "bad" fat, and unsaturated fat was a "good" fat. So why does my diary allow for 13 grams of saturated and zero of unsaturated? I'm red flagged at 2 grams because I had 4oz of chicken and 1/2 of avocado.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    There is a known bug that MFP incorrectly provides zero (0) goals for poly- and monounsaturated fats on the Web version and Android app.

Although the individual goals of Poly Fat and Mono Fat are undefined and should be labeled as not applicable (N/A), the sum of the goals of Poly Fat and Mono Fat is defined and equals the goal of Total Fat minus the goal of Saturated Fat, given the goal of Trans Fat is zero.

Please see this post for additional information on the reporting of the issue with MFP incorrectly changing the goals of Poly Fat and Mono Fat from N/A to zero (0). As far as I can tell, this issue seems to be fixed on the iOS app, but it still is an issue on the Web version and the Android app.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10163604/poly-monounsaturated-fats#latest
  • gravitygirl76
    gravitygirl76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you.
    Now that I look again, actually does list the goal as N/A, but I guess it was the red typed -2 that threw me off. If there is a bad fat allowance, we shouldn't be "scolded" for a good fat. In my opinion, at least.