Mom of 4. New here. Sugar-Free & Low carb lifestyle

Hello!
My name is Alicia. I am a newly single mom to 4 children, all are under the age of 10. I have a high-stress life, as I am the only caregiver for my physically handicapped son. He requires full time care and since I cannot work outside of my home, I work very late hours while the children are sleeping. My youngest son is 18 months and just weaned from breastfeeding, literally about a week or so ago. I homeschool all of my children, as our local school district dosen't offer much in the terms of special needs education. All children are basically ignored and put in a one size fits all "classroom". I gained almost 80 pounds with my last pregnany. The day of my c section, I weighed nearly 215. I am currently stuck at 176.4, no matter what I do, that seems to be my number every morning. It does vary, only by a few ounces or so. Hopefully now that I have stopped breastfeeding, I won't be hungry as often. I have adopted a sugar-free and low carb lifestyle for myself and my children. When the children or I have a sugar or high carb saturated dish, we become very cranky and tired. Also my special needs child, who is 5, has a seizure disorder, as well as spastic diplegia cerebral palsy. I am hoping our new lifestyle changes help all of us in terms of happiness, health and longevity.

I'd lIke to meet other Moms who are single, homeschooling, special needs caregiver and wants to share recipes and keep in contact.

If you would like to be friends, that would be great! ;)

Replies