Some help needed

Options
cat0001
cat0001 Posts: 21 Member
Hi

I have been using MFP for about 4 weeks now & only lost 3Ibs I am not sure if I should be eating more than 1200 calories to lose. I workout about 4 to 6 times per week burning approximately 300 per workout according to my heart rate monitor. I have a sedentary job so I have set this in my profile.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get back to 122Ibs because that is were I feel comfortable.

I think I have opened my food diary up for veiwing although yesterday was a bit bad

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    you'll gat mixed review on this but...i don't eat em' 1200 is what i eat. until i hit a stand still and then i eat em' for a few days. i'm avg. 3-4 lbs a week
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you have very little to lose - in your case 10 lbs and you're already small (132 lbs) - the weight doesn't come off very fast if you're doing it the healthy way. 1/2 to 1 lbs a week is probably all you're going to lose. So, you're doing great and just need to have a little patience.
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi and welcome

this is a fab site for getting the help and motivation u need!

feel free to friend request me x
  • cat0001
    Options
    Thanks

I will stick with it I have been on so many diets, always lose then put it all back on, so determind not to be any heavier, hopefully I will lose some inches with the exercise
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Sometimes when you have very little to lose - in your case 10 lbs and you're already small (132 lbs) - the weight doesn't come off very fast if you're doing it the healthy way. 1/2 to 1 lbs a week is probably all you're going to lose. So, you're doing great and just need to have a little patience.

I agree.....unless your goal is to lose, gain, lose and gain again. I'm assuming you'd like to kiss your ten pounds goodbye forever! In teaching fitness classes, I've seen a lot of people lose (and gain) a lot of weight over the years. The people who lose slowly do better in the long run. I think it is because they are less deprived during the weight loss process and therefore do not go as crazy when they reach their goal.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

^^^This sounds about right. :flowerforyou:
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here. You don't get that many calories to begin with since your starting weight is low (I know you don't think this), so to cut out 500 calories from that would put you in starvation mode, and you'll lose valuable muscle mass and frick up your metabolism. MFP calculates everything for you, so trust their settings. One person said you want to lose and not gain back, so be patient and it will happen for you!
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert and I'm not that close to my goal yet, but it seems to me that maybe you should be eating more. I eat 1200 calories a day, but I have a lot to lose yet. I thought you were supposed to eat more calories as you get closer to your goal, to work up to maintenance.
  • cat0001
    Options
    Thanks again I have changed my profile to lose 1Ib per week instead of 2. I have been exercising regularly since Jan 11 but only lost 2inches all over since then although I am feeling much healthier. What I have picked up about eating exercise calories etc is just trial & error