Has anyone tried the military diet?

Has anyone tried the 3 day military diet? I'm thinking about starting it Monday just curious. Let's hear it!

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    It's a VLCD, and pretty much a waste of time - and being a VLCD makes it dangerous. Just eat in a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight. No special diet needed!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Dangerous... pointless.

CICO. Eat in a deficit. Enjoy the foods you love.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    There's one of these every day, isn't there?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Of all the silly, arbitrary 'diets' out there, it's up there with the worst. It has nothing to do with the military, the food combination does nothing but make it seem whacky enough to make people believe it will do something special, and it only "works" because you're eating bugger all. Really. Don't bother.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    There's one of these every day, isn't there?

The OP only has 5 lbs to lose. There are no circumstances under which a VLCD, would be appropriate.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I do love hot dogs and ice cream, but no thanks.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    What happens on day 4?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Hot dogs, saltines and ice cream. Seriously - how does anyone think this is a real thing? Someone had to have made it up as a joke. It's complete ridiculousness. These are things toddlers eat. Someone's toddler surely made this up, they posted it online and now people are taking it as something serious. I know we all get desperate at times during our weight loss efforts - or at least I do - but lets step back, take a look and think about this one.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    All you lose is water and it is NOT meant to be a permanent loss- just to get into that outfit for an event, etc. It's also NOT meant to last more than three days, period. I tried it once- once- when I was in high school and I started feeling really sick by halfway through day two and quit. I in no way needed to lose any weight, but it was high school and that's what you did.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Simple. DON'T DO IT.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    It doesn't teach you to eat healthy and who really wants to eat hot dogs, plain saltines and black coffee all day.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yes it worked. For one week I lost 3kg. Never tried it again.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    I read about it the last time one of these topics popped up in the forums. It seems like a totally arbitrary list of foods to eat.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    What sensible plan would lie about an association with the military to create an air of respectability?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I've tried it years ago. Lost water weight, that's it.
    It was horrible. Such a waste of time. I was so hangry I wanted to punch a tree.

This "diet" has about a thousand other names... Don't do it. MFP is all you need.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    iws0831sw5c4.gif
  • mc92760
    mc92760 Posts: 16 Member
    Ok! Ok! So sorry I ask. I will stick with what I've been doing. Have a great day!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    j7dPvjH.gif
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    mc92760 wrote: »
    Ok! Ok! So sorry I ask. I will stick with what I've been doing. Have a great day!

:smile: You will find that there are topics that have been forumed into goo on MFP. A search would allow you to observe the snark from a distance, rather than have it directed at you.

Good luck!