Keeping up the hard work

It is really hard making the right choices all the time sometimes I just want that piece of cake or cookie. I am tired of exercising all the time. All my hard work has been worth it though. I am down 20 pounds and have 30 more to go. I could use a few motivational friends if anyone would add me. How does everyone else feel?

Replies

• jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Lifestyle changes are never easy.. Stay positive. Add me if you like
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Have the cake or cookie once in a while and cut out something else. Life is about compromise. It's a lifestyle, not a diet!
  • pie12202001
    pie12202001 Posts: 4 Member
    Not that I deny all sweets, but in my office am constantly surrounded by them. If ibknow I am going to a birthday party or special occasion yes I will enjoy everything. Just not on a daily basis 3 times a day. I choose not to have those sweets because I have a goal I choose to meet.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    You need to find a form of exercise you enjoy. Then you won't look at it as something you "have" to do, but something you look forward to doing. Because even after you hit goal you should continue to exercise for good health.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Congrats on your success so far! Happy to help motivate. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Just eat a bite or half of one. And just eat the goodies that you love!
  • sstermole
    sstermole Posts: 37 Member
    I used to be in an office like that - goodies all the time. Now I work from home so that definitely helps! LOL But I run into the same type of thing when we travel, which is often. I bring my Shakeology, though, and that helps. I do allow myself treats on special occasions but small amounts, and I try to limit. Like if we have 5 birthdays all close together, I'll have cake at maybe 2 of them, and small slivers. Sometimes all I need is a taste.
  • pie12202001
    pie12202001 Posts: 4 Member
    My downfalls are things like french toast, banana bread, and coffee cake. I just switched up my exercise program. For the last 4 months I was taking a Barre class. It was wonderful, but it was 1/2 hr from my house and not at a convenient time. So I joined a gym on Monday, and am now get a different kind of workout. Hopefully this changeup will help.
  • Scotch2cubes
    Scotch2cubes Posts: 27 Member
    baby steps here for me, I'm down 9.5 lbs just doing 15 minutes a day on elliptical, doing some stretches after, and mainly just not giving in to that, "its just a littlle snack" before bed. MFP really opened my eyes to just how many calories I was consuming just before bed. 10 more lbs to go.