My TurboFire came in the mail today!

Options
Hollirot
Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
Yay! I'm so excited to start this program! Is anybody else here doing it?

If you are, I have a couple questions.

-Did you start right away with the regular schedule or did you start with the prep schedule?
-Is this hard on your knees/joints?
-Do you use MFP as a food/exercise tracker instead of the TurboFire tracker journal, or do you use both?

I'm going to start tomorrow, which is perfect since it's the first of the month. :happy:

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    How exciting!!!! I can't tell you enough how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this program!!!!! :bigsmile:

I did the 20 week program and started with the 5 day inferno plan. I lost about 6lbs with that to begin with! About 2 months into the program, I started adding weighted gloves and I highly recommend it! Got my arms toned like crazy! Also, don't worry if you have to do the "new to class" option a few times before you get the moves down, it's normal. Plus, doing the "new to class" option burns more calories! :wink:

I have a BodyMedia that I use to track my calories burned and my food intake but before that, I used a HRM with a chest strap and kept track of everything here on MFP; I still do from time to time.

I can't wait to see what you think of the program! You're going to be hooked and have so much fun! Woo hoo!!!!

Deb
  • mlecin
    mlecin Posts: 16
    Options
    I started with the Prep schedule, because all the "make sure you are in good enough shape to do TF" warnings scared me a little :) I'm on week 4 now. My joints are doing fine!

I'm tracking my food here, but also using beachbody.com's SuperGym to track my workouts.
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    Ok, I am curious why you like turbofire? I don't see the appeal, me personally....
  • mlecin
    mlecin Posts: 16
    Options
    Why I like Turbofire:

1. Chalene is so *up*! More spunky than Debbie Siebers in Slim in 6, and so much less corny than Tony (in Power Half Hour).

2. The video takes the form of a "class" full of people that you are one of, instead of just watching 3 people on the screen. It's fun to hear their reactions when Chalene tells them to count down, or pushes them hard (they start chanting "Turbo!" "Fire!")

3. You alternate a different workout every day (Slim in 6 has you on the same workout for weeks).

4. You don't have to crank out 12 or 16 or 20 reps of the same thing; Chalene's routines alternate the moves so that even if one of them is hard for you, you can quickly move onto the ones you can do.

5. Many of the moves work upper and lower body at the same time, so you have a really intense, but short, workout.

6. The "New to Class" options let you practice the sequence of moves (they come at you pretty fast in full speed!) For almost every exercise there's someone demonstrating an easier version you can do. (Although I wish they'd keep the camera on her a little more...)
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Why I like Turbofire:

1. Chalene is so *up*! More spunky than Debbie Siebers in Slim in 6, and so much less corny than Tony (in Power Half Hour).

2. The video takes the form of a "class" full of people that you are one of, instead of just watching 3 people on the screen. It's fun to hear their reactions when Chalene tells them to count down, or pushes them hard (they start chanting "Turbo!" "Fire!")

3. You alternate a different workout every day (Slim in 6 has you on the same workout for weeks).

4. You don't have to crank out 12 or 16 or 20 reps of the same thing; Chalene's routines alternate the moves so that even if one of them is hard for you, you can quickly move onto the ones you can do.

5. Many of the moves work upper and lower body at the same time, so you have a really intense, but short, workout.

6. The "New to Class" options let you practice the sequence of moves (they come at you pretty fast in full speed!) For almost every exercise there's someone demonstrating an easier version you can do. (Although I wish they'd keep the camera on her a little more...)
    You forgot the best reason - THE MUSIC!!! Love it!
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    Why I like Turbofire:

You forgot the best reason - THE MUSIC!!! Love it!

Chalene definitely knows how to pick the BEST music for her routines and to fit the routine to the beat to keep you going!!! LOVE Chalene!!!
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    CHALENE ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!! Turbo Jam gave me stellar results! I'm in my 3rd week of Chalean Extreme & I've NEVER seen the definition in my body I see now in just 3 WEEKS! My friend is lending me Turbo Fire for a few months next week after she's done with it- SHE LOOKS AMAZING (she's taking on P90x next while I take over her TF DVD's). I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! I'm about to bust out the Chalean Extreme/ Turbo Fire Hybrid up in this peace! I'm already down 80 lbs with 45 to go & I KNOW Chalene's gonna help me create the body I've always dreamed of! I WOULD HAVE QUIT THIS JOURNEY MONTHS AGO WITHOUT THE INSPIRATION CHALENE PROGRAMS HAVE TOTALLY INJECTED ME WITH! :happy: