Looking for some accountability buddies!

Options
Looking for some accountability buddies!

I've been using this app for only three days however I have lost a large amount of weight before however since getting married it has crept back on.
I am someone that goes too hard too fast at the beginning and burns out over time, so this time I've set myself some ground rules.

I am going to eat super strict Monday to Friday and Friday night to Sunday lunch time I'll have a little bit of a looser diet.

I am adding more exercise each week, starting with two hiit sessions, and two resistance sessions next week.

I am looking at losing 18kg (from 78 to 60kg), with my first goal being the 13kg mark.

If you are someone with similar goals of love to connect with you on here! I am making my diary entrances available to friends on here to help me stay accountable.

I'm will img to encourage and support anyone who needs it in return!

Replies

• shee223
    shee223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me..lm new too
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Your exercise plan sounds great but be aware of your 'looser' weekends. I only say this because I too used to be very strict all week and come the weekend, threw it out the window and let myself eat what I wanted. I put on 20lbs. Keep tracking - even on those 'looser' days :)
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I do exactly the same, strict week, slacker weekend, but everything is logged and the week evens out. My plan was to get back to my pre-2-pregnancies weight and lose 6 kg, I've lost 11, (am now 60) and am thinking I'll just see how it goes if I lose another couple all good.
    I'm below wedding weight, ffs. This app is awesome
  • DebJ618
    DebJ618 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing that is helping me a lot this time is I am giving myself different challenges each week that last 4 days (in my case Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon). The purpose of the challenges can be to increase certain macros, emphasize certain vitamins/minerals/nutrients, focus on different types of food/eating.... essentially the goal is to not let myself get tired/bored/used to the same ole same ole which is what I think is a big part of the tapering off or giving up.

Background:
    When I first did a weight loss regime years ago after an unknown medical thing (long story) I went heavy into working out... i lost some weight but also ended up in the hospital. I used to "thrive" going to the gym and pushing myself super hard..... but it wasn't sustainable and for me it was only making me sicker.

Then when I did an Australian thing (I forget the name of the diet) I did go very hard very fast and then after a couple months felt blah - I had increased gym time but it was food and being strict.

When I started Paleo after having learned super gym time would not work for me... I did lose 80+ but then life happened. At first I was super strict with paleo (only added 3 days gym as I knew better on that account) eating but did taper off.

This time around initially am only walking and doing house stuff (mowing, etc).... I am doing 5:2 Fasting but mixing it with other things as mentioned above.

• thisisfitme
    thisisfitme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started last week and the wheels fell off at the end of the week. Stress definitely has an impact on both my carb cravings and my will power. Would love to have some buddies on this journey.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm very much in same boat -- lost 40 and &^$*# why did I stop tracking?!?! So I have put some back on and I'm getting back in gear. Feel free to add me :)