What are your MINI goals?

Options
I have a weight loss goal chart broken down into 10 lb increments. I have lost 8 lbs in 8 weeks. So much slower losing weight when you are 50! I want to lose 70 lbs overall. At the end of every 10 lbs., I am supposed to reward myself with a non-food goal. New clothes don't count because when you lose "X" amount of pounds, you have to replace your clothes anyway.

I am having trouble coming up with non-food rewards (that's why I am currently fat).

I know when I reach my 70 lbs lost, I will book a cruise. I just have to find 6 other goals. Since I am having trouble thinking outside of the box, perhaps you can share what some of your rewards are for a job well done?

Also, I am looking for serious MFPers for mutual motivation/support. Please add me.

Thank you!

Replies

• yasdnyl
    yasdnyl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A new pair of running shoes or fancy shoes, take a bubble bath, book a massage/spa treatment/pedicure, sleep-in on a day you wouldn't normally or have a nap, book a boudoir shoot/photo shoot, buy a piece of jewelry or a charm for pandora bracelet if you have one, buy a lottery ticket...
  • yasdnyl
    yasdnyl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Those are not my mini-goals, just ideas I thought I would throw out there. But you have gotten me to think I need to set up some mini-goals...!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I pick rewards as I go! For example, I've been running for several months now. When I hit the mile mark, I NEVER ran a mile in my life, I bought new headphones because that's what I really wanted and needed at the time. Not just any brand, I bought a really nice pair that will last longer and better sound quality. You'll be surprised how your beginning goals will probably change as you lose weight and pick up new hobbies. All the best and you can add me if you'd like.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Signing up to try a new activity, enjoying a spa service, heading out to a show or taking a day trip somewhere new. Books have always been my big motivator.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,526 Member
    Options
    My current small goal is to reach 10lbs lost. That would be really cool, and would inspire me further.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Books, books, and more books!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Every day I have a mini goal of getting through 24 hours, in a deficit, with a decent amount of protein.

Otherwise, my goals are huge. I don't think I've ever rewarded myself though.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Here are mine!

Starting Weight - 210
    *200 - Kitchen Scale
    *190 - Etsy Bag
    *189 (10%) - Lunch box
    *185 (Overweight) - Picnic Supplies
    180 - Kitchen Fryer
    175 - (Halfway) - Weight Set
    170 - Full length mirror
    168 (20%) - Refrigerator
    160 - Pedicure
    150 (Normal) - Car detailed
    147 (30%) - Stove
    140 - Wardrobe (shopping spree)

Here are mine. The "*" are rewards I have already gotten. I'm 1.8 pounds away from my next one. :smile:

• sammiemb916
    sammiemb916 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea, I'm definitely setting up goals for myself now! Thank you all for the inspiration! ;)
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I originally planned for a pampering reward every five pounds lost, like a manicure, massage, or pedicure. Then I realized that I was only looking forward to the massage, so I changed my reward to a massage every five pounds lost. It's so individualized -- I think that a good reward for meeting a mini-goal is whatever strikes you as your own treat or guilty pleasure, that you don't normally do.
  • DebJ618
    DebJ618 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Rewards are great... I haven't totally figured them out yet though sleep is one!

My mini-goal is to be at 190 by the end of September. Which is somewhere between 9 and 10.5 lbs away.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My mimi goal is to get down to 80 kgs before I go on holiday in October. But have changed that to 78 so I can enjoy my holiday.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    to fit into my holiday shorts I wore last year, 6 days and have'nt been brave enough to try them on since a month ago lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My current rewards...

175 - spa day
    150 - bikini with an attached vacation
    125 - new Louboutins
    115 - silk for a coat and dress
    106.5 - pearls

I didn't have rewards before I hit 200. The goals were to hit a particular weight by a set date. Hubby set these rewards and I have to say he knows me pretty well!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    yasdnyl wrote: »
    A new pair of running shoes or fancy shoes, take a bubble bath, book a massage/spa treatment/pedicure, sleep-in on a day you wouldn't normally or have a nap, book a boudoir shoot/photo shoot, buy a piece of jewelry or a charm for pandora bracelet if you have one, buy a lottery ticket...

All great ideas!!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I pick rewards as I go! For example, I've been running for several months now. When I hit the mile mark, I NEVER ran a mile in my life, I bought new headphones because that's what I really wanted and needed at the time. Not just any brand, I bought a really nice pair that will last longer and better sound quality. You'll be surprised how your beginning goals will probably change as you lose weight and pick up new hobbies. All the best and you can add me if you'd like.

THAT is an excellent point! Thank you!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    My current small goal is to reach 10lbs lost. That would be really cool, and would inspire me further.

..and how will you recognize/celebrate the 10lb achievement...I am at 8 lbs and have to think up a reward soon. :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Here are mine!

Starting Weight - 210
    *200 - Kitchen Scale
    *190 - Etsy Bag
    *189 (10%) - Lunch box
    *185 (Overweight) - Picnic Supplies
    180 - Kitchen Fryer
    175 - (Halfway) - Weight Set
    170 - Full length mirror
    168 (20%) - Refrigerator
    160 - Pedicure
    150 (Normal) - Car detailed
    147 (30%) - Stove
    140 - Wardrobe (shopping spree)

Here are mine. The "*" are rewards I have already gotten. I'm 1.8 pounds away from my next one. :smile:

FANTASTIC!!! You are rockin!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    FitRoberta wrote: »
    I originally planned for a pampering reward every five pounds lost, like a manicure, massage, or pedicure. Then I realized that I was only looking forward to the massage, so I changed my reward to a massage every five pounds lost. It's so individualized -- I think that a good reward for meeting a mini-goal is whatever strikes you as your own treat or guilty pleasure, that you don't normally do.

Massages are great! That is my 20 lb goal! Didn't occur to me I could use a reward more than once. See, everyone is opening my eyes! Thank you for taking the time to reply!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    My current rewards...

175 - spa day
    150 - bikini with an attached vacation
    125 - new Louboutins
    115 - silk for a coat and dress
    106.5 - pearls

I didn't have rewards before I hit 200. The goals were to hit a particular weight by a set date. Hubby set these rewards and I have to say he knows me pretty well!

Having someone else reward you, especially your significant other, must feel GREAT!!!