Fruit N Veggie Carbs(???)

Options
2»

Replies

• FitLeahBee
    FitLeahBee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how to respond individually but I think from reading an assortment of responses, I have concluded to - continue eating fruits and veggies regardless of carbs, continue eating "clean" and stay in a calorie deficit.... thanks guys!!!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Its fruits and veggies lol ever seen a fat vegan?

Yup. More than one, actually.

Yep, I agree, in fact most of them! Fruits contain a ton of sugar. If you are trying to lose fat, it's best to avoid them entirely! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »

Yep, I agree, in fact most of them! Fruits contain a ton of sugar. If you are trying to lose fat, it's best to avoid them entirely! :)

Most of the vegans I happen to know are quite health conscious, and thin. But anecdotes are pretty pointless, so maybe you have a cite for the claim that most vegans are fat?

Most fruit does have lots of sugar. But why on earth should we need to avoid it to lose fat?

This is why the low carb battles break out, btw -- I couldn't care less whether someone else eats fruit or not (I only eat lots of it when it's in season). I do care if people are claiming falsely that eating fruit interferes with losing weight or is unhealthy.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Eating as much fruit and veggies as I care for is what helped me lose 50lbs. Just sayin, fruit isn't the enemy. ;)<3 And for the record I find it incredibly easy to stay slim as a vegan.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »

I've met plenty of vegans, none of whom were fat, but I do not dispute the existence of them.

Different fruits have different levels of sugar. I wouldn't consider any of these to have "tons" of sugar.

j4qvwhag8rer.jpg

I'm taking in a lot less calories now that I am using fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth rather than baked goods.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Are bananas where you are that low in sugar ? UK bananas (imported, obviously) come in at 20% sugar and 23% carbs (excluding fibre)