Weekly calories

Options
I can't figure out how to set my calories on my android to weekly so I just want to be sure I am figuring this correcrly....
Ok my daily calorie goal is 1400 so 1400x7=9800, so I would take the 9800 and ADD the calories I have burned for the week and then subtract the calories I went over in that week and if I am below the order 9800 then I should be losing weight.......correct? And if I am over for that week by 3500 or more than I will gain?......correct?

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    From the menu in the upper left, go to nutrition. On the calories tab, set the view from day view: today to week view. Click the net tab above the graph. You want your daily net to be close to your goal without going too far over. being over your goal here will lower your deficit for the week, which means less weight lost then projected
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Your weekly calorie goal is 9800 plus any additional calories you burn through exercise. Correct. I'm not sure what you are trying to subtract, but if you subtract all of the calories you eat during the week, then you should end up with zero. If you are over by 3500 or more, you will gain a pound or more, but you can be over have even a small amount and gain weight. Even a surplus of 10 calories will show up on the scale eventually.
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sauce...LOL!!!!!! Thank you so much guys!!
  • ConstantStruggle
    Options
    Okay so when my net calories over weekly goal says -390 does that mean that I am below my calorie goal or does that mean I am 390 calories over my calorie goal. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here just want to be sure I'm doing this right...LOL
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    If there is a red portion on the right-most bar (labeled Avg for Average) on the Nutrition > Calories > Week View chart, the first line under the graph will indicate "Net Calories Over Weekly Goal" and should provide the total number of Calories you went over your total weekly Calorie goal as a negative number.
  • ConstantStruggle
    Options
    Ok....I thought the -390 must be calories over.....the negative sign confused me. Thank you cyberTone