Time for a change

Options
I'm a 47 year old divorced mom of two teenage boys (I've been single 12+ years) and a two-time breast cancer survivor . This is my year of changes: my oldest is heading off to college in a few weeks, my youngest is starting high school this fall, I had breast reconstruction this spring, and I am heading back to graduate school myself this September. It's time for me now. I want a new body to go along with my new attitude!

As a sedentary desk jockey, I have had my share of dieting ups and downs and am tired of this yo-yoing. I was doing so well by the end of last year then blew it over the winter. Yes, I can use the excuse of a romantic breakup and my surgery, but really it was just me being lazy. I used food and drink to soothe my soul instead of working it out physically. Well, I'm done.

Replies

• traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Glad you are here! What an inspiration you are to have overcome breast cancer 2X's!!! I like you have come to a time in my life that my children are older and more independant. Enjoy your journey to better health and learning :)

Have a great weekend!!:flowerforyou:
  • Scubabarbie
    Scubabarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good luck to you. We are never too young to reinvent ourselves....
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Best wishes! The desk jobs aren't all they are cracked up to be. Took me month's to get over the sedentary life style.
  • JMRGrant
    JMRGrant Posts: 67
    Options
    Congratulations on your change! Best wishes and good luck with your decision for change. This is a GREAT site with WONDERFUL people and LOADS of support. Keep the positive attitude and keep plugging away and your have a great new body to go with the wonderful new attitude you have. Remember we all here for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Oh, good luck in school as well. Just grabbed a masters in 2007 at the tender age of 54.