That last five pounds...

Options
I'm excited to be so close to my goal but I have hit a wall. I get through the day just fine but suddenly after dinner all the hungry catches up to me and I just want to keep going. I used to be pretty good about limiting my treat intake but lately I've had to stop keeping chocolate bars and cookies around because I just keep wandering over and breaking pieces off until the whole thing is gone. And when there's none of that around I do the same thing with fruit! I see what I am doing and I see that it's really stalling my weight loss but just telling myself "no" has not been working.

So, who has tips or tricks for limiting the wandering munchies? I feel like I'm eating pretty well through the day but I end up just feeling really hungry after dinner and I graze until suddenly I am stuffed to the gills.

Share with me your secrets, fellow calorie counters!

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yeah, um, I do laundry, clean house, walk the dog (which actually burns), read (instead of watching TV - I want a snack when I watch TV but it doesn't bother me when I read), knit (a friend of mine crochets), adult coloring book is kind of cool - yes, I can color and watch TV at same time, wash windows, eat juice frozen treats (35 cals a pop), chew ice (i know it's bad for teeth and don't care), chew gum, wash dog, etc.

Good luck!!
    leslisa