Low self esteem

Options
feeling really fat and ugly today! Can't seem to be as confident as I used to be..Anyone feel the same?!

Replies

• shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I loathe the way I look. I do not hate myself. Focus on your positives. Like . . um . . for me

I work from home - I love this. I make my own schedule. It's great. Hardly any stress.

I've lost 20 pounds - not where I want to be. I think the weight loss is slow, but I'm not 20 pounds heavier.

My drains are fixed.

A neighbor helped me remove the dead thing from my house this evening.

I'm meeting most of my financial goals.
  • jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.. When I had my ACL reconstruction surgery I couldn't do much of anything. I gained so much weight that I was just disgusted with myself. Durning my therapy I promised myself that I was going to get in the best shape of my life.
    When I was finally released by my doctor I went full throttle.. I found that competitive person that I once was. Now just over 18 months I've dropped almost 40 pounds and I'm training for my first 10k. I believe everyone has that fire thats within themselves and wants to be the best that they can be. You just have to decide when that day is going to be for you. If you need a support buddy, please add me. Wishing you the best!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, no matter the size. Wanting to be health and happy and having your outside reflect who you are inside that is your reward for being so fan-freaking-tastic. You deserve to feel as good as you know you are. So remind yourself you are beautiful! Look in the mirror and tell yourself that.

Peace.
    leslisa
  • tscarbrough44
    tscarbrough44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ THIS.
  • YAHWEH56
    YAHWEH56 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! Remember the sun rose for a reason and that's to conquer darkness!!
  • mbortz12
    mbortz12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments and words of encouragement.. After I posted this I literally stopped dieting and workin out.. Then in jan 4th I decided I've had enough.. I'm tired of hating myself every time I look In the mirror and I hate that my insecurities are affecting my relationship.. Since that day I have been workin out 6 days a week and only eating 1500 calories a day! That's half of what I used to eat.. I lost 4 lbs in the first week and although I wish I could just wake up skinny an fit.. That's not reality and I am very happy and proud of myself.. It took me a long time to get motivated again after losin 35 lbs then gain 20 of it back. But something just lit a fire in me and I'm ready to lose the weight, and get healthy an happy again! I can't wait to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see and be confident for my amazing fiancé who no matter what never has said a thing about my weight! I'm jut ready for me to me again!!! And I hope I can encourage others along the way as well!!!
  • biattabrittani
    biattabrittani Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Awesome decision! I'll support that!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hun, we ALL have fugly days regardless of our weight. Its about hormones, bloating, environment, tiredness - all sorts of reasons. I felt like this all week- plus i made no effort with hair or clothes etc which just added to it.

Just know it will pass and you will be back to rocking it soon. Hugs.